OT Cameron gone bonkers...

Going the same way as Bliar.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21763345

Do you think its the house. Its a bit like one of those possession movies where after a while in the house some people turned strange and weird.. Now who will write the screenplay? Brian
On 14/03/2013 08:12, Brian Gaff wrote:

But didn't Blair actually live in 11? Something to do with number of bedrooms?
--
Rod

On 14/03/2013 08:22, polygonum wrote:

All those that saw the program by Jon Snow on Syria will realise that the politicians know as little as the rest of us peasants as to why there is fighting there, and why interference by the West in any form whatsoever will only exasperate the problem. Oh well, what's new?
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:57:55 AM UTC, Broadback wrote:

exacerbate ?
Sorry !
On 14/03/2013 08:57, Broadback wrote:

I watched that program on Syria, and I agree with what you say.
The actions of the west in both Afghanistan and Iraq have not changed a lot of what happens in those countries, and it never will.
You have only to look at Northern Ireland as an example.
On 14/03/13 08:57, Broadback wrote:

I think your spelling checker let you down,.
Try exacerbate.
--
Ineptocracy

What fault with 'exasperate' would a spill chucker find?
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:22:02 +0000

Yes, he and Brown switched houses. But there is supposed to be a connecting door inside the building, so he could still emerge from No. 10 for the photoshoots. It all probably helped Brown's belief that he was destined for the PM job, only to be proved disastrously wrong when he got it. The only thing I thank Blair for is that he kept Brown out of that post for as long as he did.
--
Davey.

On 14/03/2013 09:52, Davey wrote:

That could actually contribute to a horror fantasy script...
--
Rod

On 14/03/13 10:20, polygonum wrote:

The only thing I thank Blair for is that he kept Brown

Blair kept Brown out until he could clearly see that we were ruined totally, at which point he handed the whole disaster to Brown and let him carry the can.
Brown then handed it to the Tories..you wanna know WHY the limp dims were rejected when they looked at at a labour coalition>? No way did Labour want to be where the coalition is now. Only Cameron was stupid enough to want to be in power cleaning up after the biggest mess a Labour government had ever made.
--
Ineptocracy

He's stupid, mad, or dedicated. Or perhaps all.
Either he didn't see the mess coming. Or he saw it coming, and thought he'd be able to fix it. Or he saw it coming, and thought the best thing for the country would be to take the **** rather than have more of the previous government.
Personally I'd go for mad. Specifically megalomania - which is common to all politicians, as every single one of them has a delusional belief in their own omnipotence. Add a touch of dedicated too.
Andy
On Thursday 14 March 2013 11:35 Andy Champ wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I proposed an new (well, maybe not) idea over supper the other day...
A "randomocracy". Bit like Jury service. Pull a few hundred people for 4 years and give them a ministerial job or assistant to minister job. Including the PM.
Totally impractical I know (Jury service buggers up work, how would this work?) but could it be better - or less worse?
No career politicians.
No buggering about voting.
Lobbying would be dealt a huge blow.
Would rely on the civil service to provide the technical analysis of each realm of issue and advice on the expected impact of any given solution - but that's their job, and I don't think they are bad at it...

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:35:04 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

ITYM "importance"
On 14/03/2013 14:31, Jethro_uk wrote:

Nope. Looked at the Wiki definition!
Andy

Everyone rises to their level of incompetence
--
bert

I don't think politicians are in the least stupid. If you doubt that, check up, as far as that is possible for ordinary people, on the difference between their income and net worth *before* entering Parliament and the same figures afterwards.
Not at all impressed by He Who Shouts, though.
--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
On Mar 19, 9:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@Onetel.net.uk.invalid (Windmill) wrote:

Wot, you don't believe Prescot was stupid?

Strange the way such a small country of ours seems to have influenced virtually the whole of the western world into a recession too?
--
*My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. She stops to breathe.

It is amazing how Tory supporters have short memories: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6975536.stm
I would say Cameron deserved to inherit the mess.