OT Cameron gone bonkers...

Wrong house, idiot. It was the IRA.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Nationalise the banks. Then, for example, public borrowing to support mass construction with training in trades/professions. Degrowth.

The reasons are of interest but largely immaterial to the solution.

Rob

Reply to
RJH

Cameron isn't capable of standing up to his pals in the press - so no chance against the financial sector.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Jhesus Christ, no.

Reply to
Huge

It was Brown and Bliar buggered up the economy. society and a lot of people's lives.

Reply to
harry

That's a good idea. We own the Royal Bank of Scotland. I don't know how much the Taxpayer coughed up prior to ownership, but losses thus far are £5.5bn.

I'm not qualified to diagnose if Cameron is bonkers or whether he'll be cured by a good dose of nuLab fiscal medicine ........

Nathaniel Zabriske

Yet another housing led boom -to be followed by yet another housing led bust

Reply to
bert

He didn't bugger up everyone's lives. I can think of one person who did rather well out of his Premiership and a £12m income suggests assets of £100m:

Yep a true patriot, makes you proud to be British. If anyone deserves a state funeral, I trust Liechtenstein, Cayman Islands etc., gives him one.

Reply to
Herod Picky

What fault with 'exasperate' would a spill chucker find?

Reply to
198 kHz

Helped out by those eager for every bribe and incentive going, regardless of technical merit, morality or long term sustainability. UK citizens have a lot to answer for, too.

I've done quite well, but then I didn't rely on others, or spend what I didn't have. My reward? I get to subsidise idiot schemes like the FiT.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Only idiots think it is.

Reply to
harry

On 17/03/13 14:07, harry wrote: I get to subsidise idiot schemes like the

Indeed, and you have to be the prime example...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not that I know much about money markets,,, but they did seem to have a good week after Kerry and Cameron committed to a harder line with Syria,,..?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I Agree,, what an appalling state of affairs ,,,

There must be more to it

I found some links on German energy security.....

Germany requested gold repatriation from usa,, drip drip drip,,, seven years,,maybe ....

Rupert Bear

I'm personally a tad worried about where higher education is going:

In essence, it's looking attractive, both financially and from a point of travel/interest/being different to do a degree in the US.

With the cost of a BA/BSc running at 9k per year in England just for the fees alone, I think a lot of future undergrads are going to:

1) Become rather picky - at they should at those rates;

2) Seriously consider another country, with the US being an obvious candiate as it's English speaking.

Not just talking about trying to hit MIT, Berkley or Stanford - if you are destined for a middle of the road but decent enough uni here, or you could pick a lesser known, but decent one in somewhere sunny and cool in the US, then why not...

Reply to
Tim Watts

You think education's free in the USA?

Reply to
harry

On Monday 18 March 2013 07:05 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

WTF are you talking about?

Of course it's not free, and it not free here either. That's the entire point. It's now getting so expensive here that people are seriously looking at whether to give their hard earned debt to a British University or a foreign one.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Typically a little more expensive than 9k/yr, I think, not including any accomodation fees.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

By the time they graduate, $9k will be pocket money anyway.

Reply to
harry

I don't think politicians are in the least stupid. If you doubt that, check up, as far as that is possible for ordinary people, on the difference between their income and net worth *before* entering Parliament and the same figures afterwards.

Not at all impressed by He Who Shouts, though.

Reply to
Windmill

And now He Who Shouts is carrying on the tradition.

Reply to
Windmill