Toughen up on 'incompetent' electricians, say MPs

"the Corby scheme for gas-fitters"

So they get the name wrong of an organisation that ceased to be relevant nearly 5 years ago?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Journalists, innit?

Reply to
Huge

Most are only found after an accident or when a room is redecorated. Bit late then. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes and now they need to toughen up on rogue gas engineers as well. What about rogue plumbers etc.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'd rather read the follow-up "Toughen up on 'incompetent' MPs, say electricians" from eg all the electrical engineers who found themselves barred from fitting a new socket in their kitchens by Part P.

Reply to
Robin

This will probably result in more restrictions on DIYers, coupled with prob ably even higher charges from your local BC. My local BC already charges £200 for any planning and inspection no matter what the size of the job t hat needs part P. I am all for H&S but not restrictive practices, it's like stepping back to the medeivel guilds.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Or moving to France...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Or Germany

Reply to
Andy Burns

I did not know they looked like that! Like something out of a Pied Piper play!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Mine charges 612 - same price for anything from a single socket to rewiring a 3-bed house. If I were freer these days I'd at the very least make the c***s jump though some hoops trying to justify that.

Reply to
Robin

Germany has a number of traditional uniforms for different trades. This picture shows two journeymen - a bricklayer in the light trousers and waistcoat and a carpenter all in black.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Or, at least it would had I included the link:

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I have a German plumber and he doesn't look anything like that.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Saw an article in The Sun last week, something about a teacher in a sex scandal;

"Former schoolboy Fred Bloggs....."

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I just wish all MPs would just top themselves and do us all a favour. Their sole aim in life seems to be to just make life increasingly difficult for everybody and charging us for the privilege. Bastards. Parasites. Scumbags.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

To quote... The committee recommended that, within five years, no-one should be allowed to carry out the electrical work covered by building regulations without an NVQ Level III or equivalent qualification and "a significant period of supervised on-the-job training".

I suggest the UK rename itself USSR... the only thing it need do is change the name and stick a statue of Lenin up every MPs arse (and duck house).

Reply to
js.b1

And who is this self appointed committee of fuckwits anyway? And what's driving this? They have all the sparks on the books so it's not HMRC.

No-one's relative has got killed due to electrical hazards recently.

So what?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think it demonstrates the power of lobbying by interested parties.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I think I am getting really pissed off with this country.

This one certainly demands I write to my MP, using roughly the same arguments as someone here posted regarding the Part P bollocks. Ironically they have just made Part P LESS onerous - so I really don't know who's arse this latest crapfest has dropped out of.

Og - they are trying to drop our local firestation at Battle to retained status (it's the nearest one to me by a long way - that's another thing that needs fighting.

And I'm still in the middle of causing some head slapping over East Sussex CC's lack of ability to fix roads (that cost me 2 broken springs and now a dead tyre).

Christ - one piece of uselessness/stupidity at a time!

Reply to
Tim Watts