oven and grill gone at same time

I have a Indesit K6C32(X)/G the hob still works but the fan oven ad grill both stopped working at the same time. I have taken the oven element off and tested it, it's fine. The grill element shows no sign of damage though I haven't tested it. What would be the next step in fault finding, I don't want to just replace parts hoping that I get the right one, this usually works out expensive. regards Alan

Reply to
Maymo

The next step would be electrical testing, but you need to know what you are looking for and how to ensure electrical safety. If you don't, and you have excluded the obvious such as a duff element, lose connection or blown fuse, I suspect this is beyond diy.

Reply to
DIY

Is there any component common to both the oven and the grill but not the hob? I'm thinking that pehaps the problem is the oven selector switch as this controls the oven temp and switches the grill on. There is no sign of life from the oven or the grill, no fan, no lights, no heat. I have asked various electrical appliance repairers to come and look at it but none of them seem to think it's worth their time, in other words there are more profitable jobs that they could be doing. I do understand about the importance of electrical isolation and have reached the stage that if I don't fix this myself then I'll have to buy a new cooker, which would be a shame for the sake of a =A330 part. regards Alan

Reply to
Maymo

"Maymo" wrote: Is there any component common to both the oven and the grill but not the hob? I'm thinking that pehaps the problem is the oven selector switch as this controls the oven temp and switches the grill on. There is no sign of life from the oven or the grill, no fan, no lights, no heat. I have asked various electrical appliance repairers to come and look at it but none of them seem to think it's worth their time, in other words there are more profitable jobs that they could be doing. I do understand about the importance of electrical isolation and have reached the stage that if I don't fix this myself then I'll have to buy a new cooker, which would be a shame for the sake of a £30 part. regards Alan =========================================

Fault tracing would be beyond me in these circumstances. Even if you located a fault that may not be the only fault, and since this is a mains appliance then safety is paramount. I would book a repair via

Good luck!

Reply to
DIY