Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: London powercut.
Round here we get one of these every year or so. Generally a tree across a line. It doesnt even make the local papers. But if it happens in the West End on a Friday Night!!!!! coverage across the...
18
18

OT: Question on diesel engines
What happens when you rev up a modern diesel engine (IOW blip the throttle pedal). What is exactly is causing the RPM to increase? Are you effectively just opening the injectors for longer to admit...
15
15

Temporarily turning off hot water in a combination boiler system?
I need to fix a hot tap in a sink in a relative's house (either clean out & replace the washer, or perhaps replace the tap) --- that's fine. But there's no service valve for this tap, and she has a...
9
9

Drone roof survey?
Just had a thought. If you are buying a house, you have a survey. But not on the roof/chimney stack? That's likely to be the most costly thing to repair. It occurs to me that if I buy a drone with a...
17
17

One for the electronics guys about soldering
I'm replacing the DC power connector on an Asus notebook. Got the old one out and when soldering the new one in I made a bit of a hash of things and I'm not sure now if the top two pins on the right...
3
3

IS THIS A RECORD?
20 appliances off one socket. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyH1OwKXgAA1N_9.jpg:large
21
21

More free money for a tight tyke
More free money, as back in the 1970's, I used to get it to £10-00 and match the tenner I had in my Sky Rocket . https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyHNScrWQAA8Lg0.jpg

OT : Holiday Request
OT message to all: Please don't forget to log in to the net when you are on holiday every day and share with us everything that you have done: what train you caught and from where: how much you paid...
8
8

Meter maids.
Changed to a new dual fuel deal a couple of months ago. Got an email from them asking for meter readings by 9/12. Made a note to read them just before this date. My theory being the actual usage over...
46
46

Hive central heating controller - one channel or two
We're thinking of getting a Hive remote-controlled central heating controller/thermostat so we can set our heating to come on several hours before we get home from holiday etc. I'm trying to work out...
23
23

MK Egatube boxes
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to a wall: But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not helping). The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs"...
5
5

Table Football with Power drills
There has to be way to include an angle grinder? Richard A Derby engineering firm got bored of table football, so attached power drills to the handles.
3
3

zips
wonder if he is still in business
1
1

Using Geocel 'The Works' in a shower instead of silicone.
Using Geocel 'The Works' in a shower instead of silicone. Has anyone tried this? I am fed up with the silicone going mouldy and am looking for an alternative. Thanks Brendan.
2
2

Sonicrafter F30 Bargain @Homebase
I've been looking to get a multi-tool for a while and never quite found the need, not even for an ALDI special but in our local Homebase on Friday there was a mountain of Worx Sonicrafter F30's on...
1
1