Here's more from Varoufakis

Former Greek Finance minister Yanis Varoufakis on his experience on dealing with the EU...

When Schauble welcomed me with his "it is my mandate against yours" doctrine, he was honouring a long EU tradition of neglecting democratic mandates in the name of respecting them. Like all dangerous hypotheses, it is founded on an obvious truth: the voters of one country cannot give their representative a mandate to impose upon other governments conditions that the latter have no mandate, from their own electorate, to accept. But while this is a truism, its incessant repetition by Brussels functionaries, such as Angela Merkel and Schauble himself, is intended to convert it surreptitiously into a very different notion: no voters from any country can empower their government to oppose Brussels.

For all their concerns with rules, treaties, processes, competitiveness, freedom of movement, terrorism, etc, only one prospect truly terrifies the EU's deep establishment: democracy. They speak in its name to exorcise it, and suppress it.

Reply to
Tim Streater
[...]

Thanks for posting. That just proves what many of us have known all along: the EU is an evil organisation and an essential plank of Globalism and the domination of the world by a small group of elite bankers.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The EU is the political wing of the Mafia.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I am not paranoid I know they are out to get us.

To be honest what you describe is a commonplace thing in all countries unelected areas of government. You just need to look at a few episodes of Yes Minister to see it in action. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff