Fly Paper substitute

Thinking about whatever it is that pubs use to clean their tables. It seems suitably sticky. Is it necessary to pre-coat the surface with varnish to get the best effect?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I suggest that you use a different pubs rather than the ones that use the same rag to wipe the urinals, the toilet door handle and to mop up spilt drink from the tables.

Poor cleanliness at the front of house is usually reflected in poor cleanliness in the cellar and kitchens and is indicative of the management believing that the public own them a living.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

They are using a cleanser that is COSHH Compliant - doesn't harm anyone - but is fairy useless. It leaves a sticky residue as a way of making the cleaning easy to audit. (seriously this is a very well cared for place - just poor choice of cleaning material)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

if it leaves a sticky residue it's not clean!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I think it softens the varnish.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I think its a mixture of stale beer, and some kind of cleaning product. It actually used to also be used in some cafes with those plastic table cloths. You could also find that there were chunks of chewing gum under the table for the most customer experience. grin. I know what you mean though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff