Speed cameras "under test"

Saw some average cameras (new ones I think, the actual camera was smaller than I'd seen before). But they all had a big yellow temporary sign propped against the post saying "cameras under test". Why would they do that? Surely they should put no signs up, then people will slow down even thought they aren't in use yet. Gotta hand it to the police, they really are stupid sometimes.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well, Maybe you should put a sign on your car under the number plate saying testing speed cameras. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I did used to have one of these on my rear window:

The police thought it was funny.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What does it say? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sorry! My stupid mistake. I realise you're blind but as the sticker has words on it.... ok so your reader won't interpret those! It says "speed camera test vehicle" along with a speed camera logo.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:22:02 +0100, "Brian Gaff" coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

OFFICIAL SPEED CAMERA TEST VEHICLE

Reply to
Graham.