Cat proof fence?

The street where I live is infested with cats and the stinking little f****rs crap all over my garden. So I'm looking for a cat proof fence to keep them out. This looks like it would do the job: https:// colourfence.co.uk/ . It's made from powder coated steel, so the furry bags of shit shouldn't be able to climb it. Anyone had any experience of the product? Any other fencing systems worth considering?

Reply to
Chris

Electric. See your local agricultural suppliers.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Get yourself a larger cat.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Steve

Or a life.

Reply to
ARW

I find 1oz of #9 shot doing about 1000fps most efficacious.

Reply to
Huge

9s, eh.

Recently bought 1000 Gamebore 6s from here:

I'm pretty sure that my life would rapidly turn to shit if I fired a shotgun in my suburban garden.

An experienced working terrier in your garden for a week really is the best bet. Looks like there might be a rental business opportunity.

Reply to
Steve

Why aren't the rollers just stacked on top of each other on the top of the fence?

Reply to
Chris

Why? I have.

(Admittedly on November 5th.)

Reply to
Huge

Its the overhang that does the job. The cat has to jump from the vertical backwards and outwards and then the roller will spin in a direction to drop the cat downwards. If the rollers were stacked above each other the cat could bypass the lower one and then be catapulted outwards on the top roller.

Those fences are primarily designed to keep your own cat in your own garden and not necessarily to keep other cat out.

Reply to
alan_m

FMurtz

I can also report that ultrasonic don't work for protecting specific areas.Back in my youth when I could see, I put one of these in the middle of my Mothers garden and the next day two cats were there playing football with it. They could obviously hear it and thought it was something alive. So much for technology.

Lion poo is quite good used to bean able to get it round here but since Chessington became a 'resort' its far too posh to have a stall flogging bags of big cat poo to the public. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes they always go to the loo in other gardens. They also have territories as well so a more capable cat may well cause stress to others. Also of course unless you are very very lucky, much of what you attribute to cats is usually urban foxes. they dig under fences and crap and piss everywhere and smell worse than cats. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or a dog.

Reply to
newshound

I know quite a few people with all three.

Reply to
ARW

Who's going to know anyway?

Reply to