Subject Author Posted Replies

cleaning stone chippings
We have bath stone chippings in our small garden, spread loosely on a concrete base. Over the years they've become contaminated with dead leaves, twigs and compost and I'd like an easy way to clean...
28
28

Eaves fillers
I've got one corner of the house where about every other year starlings manage to wriggle under the tiles and nest in there, so far they haven't made an appearance this year, so it being a nice day I...
5
5

OT: No. its April 2nd...
(paywalled) "Despite uncertainty over Brexit ? formally triggered last week by prime minister Theresa May ? central bankers from around the world see the UK as a safer prospect for their reserve...
3
3

Which Endoscope snake cameras - Recommendation >
Looking for a small endoscope/snake/borescope camera to investigate some partition walls cavities, under floorboards and a bricked in chimney breast. Seems to be a wide range available on eBay. Choice...
4
4

More of Mike's kittens
Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket. File:IMG 8843.JPG - DIYWiki File:IMG 8849.JPG - DIYWiki File:IMG 8852.PNG - DIYWiki http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG
36
36

Using an unvented DHW cylinder in a vented system
I'm considering a step-by-step replacement of an existing heating and hot water system, eventually ending up with pressurised heating and mains pressure hot water. For various reasons it would be much...
4
4

OT: Dymo printer printserver on Pi Zero W.
It certainly seems to be something common amongst 'ordinary semi-tech users' that's for sure (as the link I posted to people *wanting* to be able to use Linux confirms). Is there no better pdf tool...
12
12

Where to buy a non-condensing boiler?
Anyone still sell non-condensing boilers?
24
24

Spraying Rockwool Insulation bLack?
The fluffy side I am talking about. Building a music room and have a ver y high ceiling I need to treat with sound absorbsion, and 300mm of rockwool would work very well, the only thing is it's not...
27
27

OT New wallpaper Owain?
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG
7
7

BSP pipes - how to tighten and have them facing the right way?
Have you realised who you are replying to?
61
61

Setting up Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS wi-fi
I've spent hours (days) on this and have got pretty much nowhere so... I have three of these cameras, one of which will communicate over wi-fi with no problems, the other two which will only connect...
18
18

I gotta have one of these
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection. Richard
15
15

Blowtorches
My ancient torch seems to have finally turned up its toes, and it hardly seems worthwhile to try to fix it, so I'm looking for a new one. I know the MAP ones come highly recommended but for the amount...
16
16

TOT OT Giving away a good all in one PC
I have a Sony all in one PC to dispose of. I would, ideally like it to go to a charity to use, rather than sell. I know I can go to Freecycle, but in my experience the peeps that come for free items...
27
27