Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Sun's impact on climate change quantified for first time
Relativity, mate.
22
22

New Aircraft Carrier to be powered by renewable energy
Some small boats were built with aerofoils about 50 years ago. Not successful.
33
33

Battery recycling?
En el artículo , Andrew escribió: Horrendous pollution in the region of China where the panels are made. And there's been speculation in the past that the panels are energy- negative, i.e. they need...
18
18

OT Air fares
The family used Norwegian last year. The timing is very bad for interconnections and the final costs were not a lot lower as the internal US flights were very expensive. It is not only Houston. All...
36
36

cross posting
Causes one to have to edit the groups or add a followups to bit in the header Trouble is for me, its not apparent until you hve pressed send that its a crossposted message then one has to bring it...
1
1

Lorry overtaking ban, M11
They are bring in an overtaking ban, on the M11 up hill stretches. Surely that is the wrong? An heavily laden lorry versus a lightly loaded one, will make for a quicker overtake on an uphill, because...
130
130

Solar-rechargeable batteries
I have a number of decent-quality solar powered garden lights whose rechargeable batteries seem to have reached the end of their effective life. Googling has only served to bamboozle me - anyone got a...
10
10

Fiat Seicentro seems to run out of petrol, often with plenty in the tank
My daughter's 2001 Seicento behaved itself for a few weeks after purchase during which time I used it as she has a bus pass still. I had a problem getting the key out of the petrol filler cap so I did...
15
15

Westinghouse bankrupt
There's a surprise. UK scheme now in doubt. Another surprise. The company, whose corporate parent is Toshiba of Japan, led projects once seen as heralding a nuclear renaissance, but its filing casts a...
4
4

Brickwork Q w/pics
If I have managed this interweb thingy, there should be 5 pictures here: This is the driveway to the garage, and on the LH side, the block paved drive which provides level access to the house. As can...
20
20

Makita 3 and 4 Amp batteries interchangable??
Hello, I have several Makita LXT 18V tools, some of which are about 8 yeares old and their batteries (all 3 Amp) are not holding their charge as well as they did. I was thinking of replacing the...
5
5

Lubricating oil
How about the old 3 in 1 oil? No one mentioned 3 in 1 which has been around for ages.
7
7

Reality TV
Maybe Tim S and Dave P should apply :-)
2
2

OT Cris Hogg Wild Flower Seeds
Got a pack of 100% Wild Flower Seeds For General Purpose. 50grams. Cost over 10 quid, but they are perennial. My flower beds are weeded and sort of ready. Question is: How deep do I plant them? Couple...
22
22

AC
Since most cars are made with AC already fitted, why aren't they building houses this way?
39
39