Cutting Amtico vinyl tiles.

Thirty years ago was the last time that I laid an Amtico floor.

I have to replace one shortly following a flood.

I recall that to cut round the shape of the toilet bowl I used a Stanley knife and it was tortuous but OK.

Is there an easier, more reliable method? Is a Jig Saw OTT?

Reply to
Pinnerite

Pinnerite wrote in news:p5nd81$19vk$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Remove toilet bowl. Fit floor. Replace bowl and be proud.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I just did a couple of Karndean floors, and score and snap with a stanley knife seemed to be the way to go.

Having said that I would tile under the toilet anyway - most can be pulled out with undoing 2 to 4 screws.

With a hacksaw blade and the speed set at the lower end that would probably work as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Remove toilet, tile the floor, reinstate toilet, run a beados silicone around the base of the toilet pan.

Reply to
alan_m