Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixing an electric hedgetrimmer: any advice? (or hope?!)
My Bosch hedgetrimmer (AHS 55-26) died suddenly the other day. I've had it, and heavily used it, for just over two years. There was no major "trauma" (such as dropping it): I just laid it down in the...
20
20

Pet-proof PIRs - any good?
I'm moving to a house that's got several PIRs, but I've also got two cats and will soon have a dog. Some of the so-called "pet-proof" PIRs filter out low sources (but cats jump onto things) and others...
14
14

Karcher - please help
Please will someone with a Vario Lance advise me. Mine no longer focuses to a useful sharp jet. I have stripped it down and can't see a problem. Maybe the hole has eroded - or maybe I have lost a...
2
2

Shredding.
Just seen an ad on Facebook which goes something like this:- Is your document shredder painfully slow? If so, we will collect your documents and shred them for 25 quid. That would seem a bit flawed to...
24
24

Which Boiler 2
Somewhat inspired by the Which Boiler thread but more what can we get thread. My friend has a Powermax thermal store "one box" solution which is Gas burner, vented thermal store tank and domestic...
16
16

Where to buy gears
If you guys wanted to buy some simple but reasonably substantial gears where would you go? I am needing two gears about half an inch thick, and preferably made of metal, to drive the soil sifter I...
34
34

Different use by device of NiMH and alkaline cell
Remember folks, that is the voltage between its terminals, irrespective of the state of charge! ROFLMAO! The point of teaching English and having dictionaries is to express things unambiguously. Shame...
38
38

Playground equipment
I'm treasurer of a village hall management charity. We have a public playground next to the car park. A couple of weeks ago some bozo drove his car through the playground fence and into one of the...
24
24

(OT) Windows 10 and Panasonic Videocam Suite
Openshot and DVD styler are what you want for editing videos and creating DVDS respectively and VLC will play the MPGs. All of these are high quality freeware/shareware.
17
17

Replacing cast iron drain funnel
In our bathroom, the drains from the bath and the basin exit the wall as lead pipes next to each other. They come down about 6 inches and are above a cone shaped cast iron funnel which sits on top of...
8
8

iPhone charge socket
Remember the problem some people were having with the iPhone charge socket getting fluff in the bottom and thus not allowing the plug to be inserted fully, leading to intermittent charging? Well a...
4
4

Switch ID
Does this switch look familiar to any of you? I need to replace it but the manufacturer of the device does not list it as a spare part! Its the switch from the Kenlowe after-market thermostatic fan...
59
59

A tale of mow...
knew it was too good to last. I was pleasantly surprised to find the first cut of the year I did a couple of weeks back was really easy - no damp grass clogging the mower, or soft ground for it to...
17
17

What is it
Mode-Pelle all it brings up is footware
14
14

Cloudflare
About a year or so back, I began getting spam from all sorts of British sup ermarkets telling me to claim my prize. For the first time in a while I clicked the link to Co-Op just to see what it was...
3
3