Floor tiles - to seal or not to seal ?

Next job in the never ending book is tiling the floor of the front extension (finished screed at the moment) and continuing along the old hall and into the shower room which are/were Khars engineered wood laid on green chipboard.

Both floors have UFH, between joists on old section and in-screed on new section.

We've got "wood effect" porcelain "planks" which are going to be laid in a herringbone pattern apparently but the question is, should either the screed or the waterproof chipboard need sealing (SBR I'm guessing) to keep tile adhesive workable for longer? Also, where the screed meets the old hall/doorway and goes to chipboard should I create a junction between surfaces to allow for the different UFH zones and different heat-up/expansion rates between floors etc.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk