Crowbar design

Most crowbars are like this, and utterly useless, the long end is always in the way of a wall:

Let's say you're trying to remove a nail from near a corner on a ceiling, you try to hook the short end around the nail, then the long end is trying to go through the wall.

This is the correct design, yet they are quite uncommon:

James Wilkinson Sword

Feeling lonely? Horse for courses. Most people who are competent would use something like this:

rbowman

My point exactly, they're made properly, using a right angle. Why are 90% of them not a right angle?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Try searching for pry bars or maybe wreaking bars. I've had a number of different sized pry bars for decades - they have been freely available if you know what tool to use

Reply to
alan_m

FFS don't feed the pillock!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My point is, why are they selling a load of shit with a bend in it which makes it useless?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

  If it's useless why do so many people , well , use them ? Just because you're too stupid to figure out a use for it doesn't mean the rest of us are .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

I expect most people are using them for what they were designed for rather than than finding an unsuitable use.

Reply to
alan_m

Wot Rot, they are designed for different purposes, the one you show is useless for normal things crow bars are made for.

Reply to
FMurtz

They use them because that's all they can find and have never realised some manufacturers have a clue and make them at right angles.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Do you know how a lever works? All that matters is the length of the two arms.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword