Crowbar design

Most crowbars are like this, and utterly useless, the long end is always in the way of a wall:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081005001132/zombie/images/3/37/Crowbar-angle.jpg
Let's say you're trying to remove a nail from near a corner on a ceiling, you try to hook the short end around the nail, then the long end is trying to go through the wall.
This is the correct design, yet they are quite uncommon: http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/mf_image_3x2/public/istock_000027898872_small.jpg?itok=HhZd2dFx&resize 00x740
--
"O'Ryan," asked the druggist, "did that mudpack I gave you improve your wife's appearance?"
"It did, surely," replied O'Ryan, "but it keeps fallin' off!"

Feeling lonely? Horse for courses. Most people who are competent would use something like this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dasco-Pro-Pry-Bar-Set-3-Piece-91/202585548

My point exactly, they're made properly, using a right angle. Why are 90% of them not a right angle?
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of the oncoming train.

Because most arent used up against a wall and the other format works better when they arent.

Try searching for pry bars or maybe wreaking bars. I've had a number of different sized pry bars for decades - they have been freely available if you know what tool to use
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

alan_m wrote:

FFS don't feed the pillock!

My point is, why are they selling a load of shit with a bend in it which makes it useless?
--
Stress is the conflict which occurs when your mind prevents your body from beating the living daylights out of whoever got in your way.

  If it's useless why do so many people , well , use them ? Just because you're too stupid to figure out a use for it doesn't mean the rest of us are .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 19/02/2018 23:59, Terry Coombs wrote:

I expect most people are using them for what they were designed for rather than than finding an unsuitable use.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

They use them because that's all they can find and have never realised some manufacturers have a clue and make them at right angles.
--
Are you going to get a haircut?
No, I'm going to get them ALL cut.
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Wot Rot, they are designed for different purposes, the one you show is useless for normal things crow bars are made for.

Do you know how a lever works? All that matters is the length of the two arms.
--
Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.