Are bandsaw guides meant to look like this?

The upper guides on my bandsaw look like this:

am wondering about the protrusion in the middle of the guide which can also be seen here:

that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this is a very cheap bandsaw)? On the lower guides, there is no protrusion like that. Assuming it's a problem with the manufacturing, should I just file it off or is there a better method?

Thank you for any responses.

Reply to
Ben Bullock

File it off. It should be flat. It's the result of the lathe part off tool being above center. Poor workmanship.

Reply to
CW

Cheap bandsaw. Get a file and finish the job. They were probably made on a screw machine that was not set up properly. You have to wonder what else is hiding in that tool.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

Reply to
Ben Bullock

For not too much more money you could toss those guides and replace them with far superior ceramic guides.

Reply to
Leon