Porcelain floor tiles spanning 2 UFH zones

Hi Folks. Next job is upon me. I've got to lay wood-effect tiles in a herringbone pattern to cover the floor of the new front extension which is in-screed UFH on one zone however this area (The porch as I call it) joins into the original entrance hall which is intra-joist UFH with green chipboard covering so a completely different UFH zone and warm-up/cool-down rates etc.

First question is, should I seal the screed prior to laying tiles, it's not dusting and has been walked on for the last year now, but obviously absorbs moisture pretty quickly. ToppsTiles said neither surface would need sealing but fancied a 2nd opinion(s).

Second question is regarding the narrow junction between screed and chipboard. Instinct tells me I should be chopping tiles across the joint line but as you walk in the door it might look crap to have a grout line?

Picture of the offending joint as follows:

Wood in hallway will be replaced with tiles up to the next door out of shot. Front door/entrance is underneath the camera in pic.

TIA Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk