washing machines

We bought two identical washing machines a couple of years ago one for the house and one for the static caravan......the bearings of the one in the house were getting a bit noisey so I thought I would swap them over....so this morning I brought the house one down to the van and swopped them over....now BOTH of them will not switch on no display they are getting power water pressure and I have no idea what is wrong...any ideas?

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Is the door open..?

Reply to
jon

nope

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

just arrived home with the one from the van soon see if it works here....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

not working BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I assume that you did re-fit the transit screws.

Reply to
alan_m

em no but the drum doesn't seem to have damaged anything

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

stuff it I give up I will just trash both machines...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Maybe they just didna' like being moved........

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

What did the identical instruction manuals say to do ?

I would say the outlet they're plugged into, has tripped out. Test outlet with light bulb or other test load.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

looking that way

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

no bloody good

nope

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Jim Stewart ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Everything you touch turns to dog shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The replacements will do the same thing.

Reply to
Rod Speed

very true

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

There is water in the bottom of the machines and it's tripped the aquastop. Wait a day or two and it'll dry out, then try again.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Seems odd. Are the machines still fairly level, I have had door switches malfunction if they have to latch when part of the structure has been in a different position for a while, but it would seem a great coincidence if that affected both. I know its a right pain, but you might need to swap them back, if both fail, then you have a new issue, either there is some difference in the way you are connecting them up or they both did not like being moved and have a fault. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think then its time you named and shamed. The fact there is no display may well start your search with the mains plug fuse and onto the innards. Depends very much on how electronic it is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ours never had any, they had a specially shaped bit of polystyrene and one in the drum. I'd have thought with all the shaking that goes on at spin time a gentle drive in a vehicle would not really make much difference. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Normally the concrete weights are well away from damageable bits, though they can dent the sides on some. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff