washing machines

Are thy by any chance LG? I think some of these do have some form of over vibration cut out, but no idea how it works. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

did you transport them level or laid down, and indeed how did you move them, a sack truck or what, Often the smallest thing can cause things to fall apart, especially if they are not new. I don't think I'd give up quite so soon myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That was what I thought by asking about the orientation. Down near the filter the pipe has almost a U bend on most, so tilting it on a sack truck can make it run up towards the,which is only normally in water if the outlet or filter is completely blocked.Its particularly sensitive on LG, probably due to the direct drive motor that they don't want to get wet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Try something else in the socket - kettle, iron do they work?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I think I remember some having a mechanical trip, which cuts off the supply, if the drum's movement exceeds a certain amount. Maybe that has been tripped by your moving them?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Did you refit the transit screws before moving it?

Reply to
John Rumm

Or invest in a multimeter and 15 mins of investigation?

Reply to
John Rumm

Failure of a support spring and the worn state of the friction dampers on our old machine caused the drum to jump about enough to smash one of the solenoid valves.

Reply to
SteveW

'course

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I know when I'm beat...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

how do I wash clothes then ?...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

no .... and me neither

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

got dozens

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

the what?....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Had you considered mentioning the make and model number ?

If you're seeing this, so are all the other owners.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

You don't. you stinking little bugger.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We can't help further if you don't tell us what you've checked, or even what machine itis. You're the only one with the machine, the multimeter & the circuit diagram.

Reply to
Animal

He only here to whine, not to learn anything, or at least that’s how it seems.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

to you