washing machine capacity

The manufacturers of our machine, (Miele) claim it has an 8kg capacity. Is this realistic. Swmbo claims she fills it 3 times a day, (family of 4) Is she telling porkies ?

Reply to
fred

This is a trap and she will hunt me down. Yes, she's telling porkies. Mine does the same. I have given up. My advice to me and anyone else who is married, buy a lower cost lower capacity machine. That way there will be a logical reason for washing several loads a day.

Reply to
Richard

I have a logic and it tells you if it is over loaded ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yup

Can she count? If yes, then probably not!

(you realise of course that "fills it" does not necessarily mean to maximum capacity, and that there are valid reasons that you need separate washes for different classes of washing)

Reply to
John Rumm

You must get tired of those alerts.

Reply to
Richard

Mine takes 8kg when it is stuffed, and does a perfectly adequate mixed load at 30 or 40C. You need a hotter wash for towels, and not too full for "whites". My wife does lots of small loads, no more than 1kg, ICBA to challenge that.

Reply to
newshound

Logic and female are two words that never occur in the same sentence

Reply to
Andrew