Three lane roads ....

Do you also have a rear facing dashcam?

Reply to
Fredxx

Deffo not 100 MPH in this case. But the van can do 100MPH without a problem.

Reply to
ARW

No. I also have no rear windows.

But the dashcam did what it was supposed to do.

Reply to
ARW

60 gov, honest.
Reply to
ARW

You are probably right. IIRC for some years, average speed camera evidence wasn't allowable where vehicles were spotted by a camera in one lane and the second check was in a different lane. I know that the earlier ones weren't capable of that anyway, but ISTR publicity about the rules being changed for later ones that could.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

ARW laid this down on his screen :

Sorry, no - I do not believe it lol I would guess that car you caught up was doing around 50mph.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

But that does refer specifically to the speedo being filmed - they siezed the vehicle to check the calibration of the speedo and then used the filmed readings to prosecute.

Without filming (and later checking the calibration of) the speedo, no-one can show that the video hasn't been adjusted to make it look faster.

In fact I wonder whether in the case quoted, he just folded when confronted with the evidence. Arguing that he'd fiddled with the video to boast about speeds that he never actually attained might have given grounds for reasonable doubt. Although editing the speedo rather than speeding up the video would probably leave artifacts that could prove changes.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Additional to my other post.

Small favour if I may. What is YouTube saying the video quality is when you watch the videos?

Reply to
ARW

1920x1080@30 for both (though takes a few seconds to get there after starting at 1280x720). That's with YouTube showing 45784 connection speed.
Reply to
Robin

Full screen, right click > "Stats for Nerds" > 1280x720@30 anywhere from 3.7 to 5.8 kbps, probably depends which connection the system has decided to use.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

10 over the limit for a van, on a single carriageway, unlit road with no repeater boards. B-)
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for reminding me that I should have included that my full HD was with full screen.

Reply to
Robin

It happens that Dave Liquorice formulated :

Long time since I drove a van, I thought that law had been dropped for car derived vans? I got done passing Ferrybridge Power Station on the dual A1 in the early 80's for doing 56. I knew about the 50 limit, but even then it was mostly ignored in car derived. It was a company Escort van.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well you must be dense bert because I actually said all that near the beginning of the thread.

Harry just likes to repeat it so idiots like you think he said it first.

Reply to
dennis

But /only/ if car-derived /and/ less than (from memory) 2 tonnes max loaded weight. Adam's videos suggest to me he still drives something much bigger.

Reply to
Robin

I got done on a dual carriageway in Sussex about a fortnight before the law changed also in an escort. Saw a Police car indicating that he wished to leave a lay-by so I moved over into lane two so he could pull out and as I had seen him it would have been silly to exceed the limit while ahead in lane 1 there was a tractor doing in the region of 20 which I was going to pull out for anyway , I had just gone into lane 2 a little earlier so he could exit the lay-by. Bastard then drove up my rear about 2 ft away and put on the blues so I assumed he was in a hurry to get somewhere so I accelerated above the van limit in order to get clear of the tractor and pull in and let him pass which he did. Well into the distance the blues went off and the sod pulled over only to come out again behind me put he blues on again and indicate I should stop, when I done so he said he was reporting me for speeding in a van and while grinning said even if you were in a mini van I would report you. I have always reckoned the sod was annoyed because whatever shout he had put the lights on for was cancelled or he wanted to do a car derived van for speeding while he still could so he could always say he had done so.

That one incident changed my opinion on Police straight away , ever since then I wouldn?t piss on one if he was on fire or help them in anyway. Since then it has been f*ck em.

GH

Reply to
Marland

So TL;DR: You ignored the highway code and got done for it and now want to sulk like a girly-man ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

That road does not seem to get busy even at rush hour.

I am used to Leeds as we have a contracts in Sheepscar, Holbeck and Armley. It's not as stupid as London traffic but it's getting there.

Bradford is a joke due to the fact I am sure 50% of the drivers there share the same driving license without having taken a test and that license is kept in one of the Mosques. The standard of driving is appalling.

York's just a bit of fun with good chance to run an American tourist or a cyclist over.

Reply to
ARW

I would have expected as the change in law was already announced and I actually started going faster to aid Mr Policeman to make progress he would have used a bit of common sense. I could have not changed lanes and made him wait and then when overtaking the tractor come out and held it at 50.

I suppose you are one of those people who stay at the stop line of a Traffic light at red without a camera while an ambulance or fire engine with its lights and sirens going is stuck behind you when pulling slightly foward a yard or two over that line would give them enough room to pass, because the Highway Code says you mustn?t.

Have a gold star in your exercise book you goody two shoes.

GH

Reply to
Marland

.. under instruction from a police officer, which I thought was a valid defence?

ANdy

Reply to
Vir Campestris