stupid smatpnones

He has one, an iphone SE.

Reply to
John

Yes and I wasn't talking about problems, I was saying that the audio quality is better in hands free mode with the iphone

6S than with the Panasonic DECT cordless landline phone.

But lots of the problems come on

I don't see that very often at all, just when the other party's mobile has a very poor signal level.

Reply to
John

No, just not seen very often at all on an iphone which is charged overnight.

Wota stunning line in rational argument you have there.

Reply to
John

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

You don't know that that is what did it.

Reply to
John

Then get a phone that does wifi calling.

Reply to
John

Fraid so.

Plenty didn?t.

Plenty didn?t.

The app has to be written for the phone OS and apis.

Reply to
John

on 02/01/2022, Peter Johnson supposed :

Me too and I am the opposite - I don't know anyone still using a dumb phone and I see lots of elderly using phones, but always some sort of smart. I did prefer a dumb phone, when I was on the go all the time and making lots of calls - I found a proper keyboard much better than a touch screen.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Dave Plowman (News) formulated the question :

I've now put him where he belongs, in the bin with the rest of the fools.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

You are the fool so stupid that you haven't even noticed that hardly anyone who charges their SE overnight gets a swollen battery.

Reply to
lkpo

yes the savvy had your balance built into the phone and it could be fiddled ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

totly ...I hate touch screens why I got rid of my FT991A ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Exactly.

Which Google are now changing like underwear, and breaking previously purchased apps.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

nightjar brought next idea :

It likely involved so much processing power and time, its use had to wait for those thing to develop to become capable of being included in a sensible package.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

ISTR it needed the fingerprint to be pressed onto what looked like a disc of paper, which was then inserted into the lock. The whole thing was quite small, which suggests little or no computing involved in an era when computers filled whole rooms. It would also only recognise one fingerprint at a time and a new disc had to be inserted to change it. I suspect that, like Baird's television, it would just about do what it claimed, but used a quite different technology from what we use now.

Reply to
nightjar

lkpo used his keyboard to write :

and you are also welcome to the fools cupboard with the rest of the fools. Bye bye...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Yes

Reply to
Jonathan

If someone calls me from a mobile, i usually cannot understand a word.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I think I am

Reply to
Jonathan

Either your hearing is f***ed or your landline phone is f***ed.

Reply to
John

Wodney comes from a different world, though. All the landlines in Oz must still be analogue thoughout. And well and truly f***ed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News