stupid smatpnones

Smartphones do a hell of a lot more than just make phone calls.

Wrong, mate of mine uses the phone exclusively, no broadband. Works fine.

Nope, a smartphone will work fine.

Almost always in fact.

I don?t play games on mine.

Wrong again, you can do that anywhere on a smartphone.

Reply to
John

Nope, because they were stupid enough to use Windows Phone on their touch screen phones and hardly anyone was stupid enough to buy their touch screen phones for that reason.

Then when they eventually realised their stupidity, and were planning to change to android instead, Microsoft made them an offer too good to refuse for their phones.

Yep, because of that stupid choice they made.

Nope.

There was no vital ip to sell off.

Utterly mangled all over again.

It didn?t say what you claim.

Reply to
John

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

No it did not, it was a defective battery.

But doing what you are doing will have no effect on the life of the battery.

Reply to
John

Do you have your password on the phone with automatic login?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

More fool you. Handy to be able to check opening and closing hours when out and about and the camera can be very handy if you have an accident or see something that needs to be reported while you are out and about.

But not everyone always stay there.

Even

Because you can see the test results even when you don?t see the GP in person, can show your vaccination status, compare how the test results change over time etc etc etc.

Yet another good reason to have a smartphone.

Handy to be able to buy more of what you have just used the last of by scanning its barcode too.

Reply to
John

He believes that that makes the battery explode and has a problem remembering to do stuff.

Reply to
John

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

Only the ones that don't have a clue. iphones do intelligent charging.

Reply to
John

Then the charger should see to that.

I've got loads of Li-Ion. Always charge them fully. Still waiting for one to fail.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I vape, and the battery in that doesn't quite do a day. So I have two devices. Both of which left on charge when not in use. Not sure how old they are - but one of them over 5 years. So a couple of thousand cycles? And no sign of the capacity being reduced.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Crikey. I've lost count how often I get a call from a mobile to my land line where the quality is appalling. And that is the same on many radio etc progs where they broadcast a call from a mobile.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes, I could do that with mine, but what is the point? 8 hours of using the battery and the only audible notifications would be if friends or family phoned in an emergency - and they'll simply use the landline instead.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Dave Plowman (News) snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote

Sure, but that?s a different problem, mostly with hands free use by the individual on the mobile.

Reply to
John

you know me rod

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

can you not just give up your nicotine addiction and then you won't have the problem?...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

remember the first digital phones you couldn't tell if the wife was annoyed with you they were so digital and gave no indicatation of mood ? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I use it as an alarm clock. Having a morning alarm set also allows the phone to use its adaptive charging option overnight, which maximises battery life.

Reply to
nightjar

Welcome to the 21st century, with devices that seemed impossible when I read about them in science fiction novels of my youth.

Reply to
nightjar

that is what I meant to say....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I am offended when the subtitle a scottish accent

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Blindshell, and some of the other phones which are half keyboard and half touch screen, All are android or get a foldable bluetooth keyboard? Sadly the various QRK Navilens and bar codes needed since the pandemic started was not thought through for people who have issues with touch screens. Imagine the person who has a tremor trying to operate them. There are work around for us blindies in most phones now, but sadly those adding codes to be scanned did not prescribe where they should be so blind punters would need to ask to actually find and scan them in the first place. Its a strange old world where these things are just not designed from the ground up with all impairments in mind, I think it would not make them more expensive and could benefit many people. But while we have this make it and bodge it to work for people afterwards culture, nothing will change and a good many citizens are discriminated against. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa