stupid smatpnones

nightjar brought next idea :

Same here and I would guess for most people, it is a simple ticky box request for it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Because Nokia had already cracked the technology that Apple used in its first iPhone. Nokia effectively went bust (or were forced out) and had to sell off that vital IP without getting the chance to enforce their patents in the courts. There was a program on ?BBC4 about this a couple of years ago about the rise and fall of Nokia.

Reply to
Andrew

It happens that Dave Plowman (News) formulated :

They have a routine, which is suggested to only bring it up to a full charge, when you customarily will need a full charge. The thing is, I don't operate to any special routine which it could determine. Having just had to have a new battery fitted, because the original one burst through over charging - I was keen to see I could make this one last.

The two hours charge per day, combined with it's own charge control works just fine. It never gets to 100%, yet never falls below 70%.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

...and you are obviously this newsgroups key idiots. How old are you

10, 12?
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

yes nick the fish only wants people removed from vans in glasgow

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

still do

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

shame that they didn't believe in the smart phone

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Andrew used his keyboard to write :

Yes, but definitely a poor relation to a laptop, but a Smart phone is much more portable than a laptop.

Well, not me. I don't play games on either phone or laptop. There are hundreds/thousands of useful, none game apps available - everything from satnavs to the NHS app, language translators, to currency conversion.

When away in the caravan I used to use a dongle for Internet access, then I replaced that with a mobile access point. Now I just set my Iphone up as an access point and connect my laptop to that when away.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa spot on...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

let it go...you will feel better...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

what a nasty being you are....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

he has just reached puberty if the size of his moobs are anything to go by...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

SatNav and google maps is just about the *only* useful feature I can think of. Language translators are pointless in the UK. Even Glaswegians can be understood (sort of) and Scottish pounds are worthless outside Scotland anyway, just like Guernsey pounds are. Why the strange obsession with the NHS 'app' when seeing a GP in person has almost impossible for nearly 2 years and was quite difficult before ?. What really annoys me is the way technology manufacturers of TV and audio gear assume that everyone has a smart phone so they treat the supplied remote and an afterthought. Ditto printed manuals.

Reply to
Andrew

Why not simply put it on charge overnight?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sounds like my first mobile - a Technophone. AAA in the battery pack the same size as the phone - AA in the thicker one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Fully charging lithium batteries every day reduces their life. Wear is much reduced if you charge to only 80 or 85%.

Reply to
Pamela

That's cos there aren't any.

I'll just took WhatsApp off my phone. All these swine keep adding me to WhatsApp groups, result of which is the f****ng phone was going off like a fire cracker all the time. And none of it was of the slightest interest.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I couldn't see the "Demographics" chart they refer to on that page but this survey says 65% of over-65s use a smartphone.

Pamela

Depends where you are. If you are yakking away on the bus, I might just use Google to tell me what language you are speaking as well as what is so important you need the whole bus to hear.

.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

It can take a few days to carefully curate your notifications.

Reply to
Jethro_uk