stupid smatpnones

It also had problems Bluetooth connecting to my car for hands free operation, which is why I had to buy an Android phone.

Reply to
nightjar

Interestingly, in 1955, I wrote an essay at school about school in 2000. I predicted learning off screen, but using school for sports facilities. Perhaps tehtiming was wrong - but not the concept.

Reply to
charles

I certainly recall one novel, probably from the 1960s, that had personal computers / communicators that clipped to a belt. I also remember wondering what happened to the fingerprint recognition system they demonstrated on Tomorrow's World.

Reply to
nightjar

Mine too. I don't store passwords on the phone, or on any of my computers.

Reply to
nightjar

John submitted this idea :

He/she would not say that here, mobile internet at best limps along.

Only if you have a decent signal.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

It happens that John formulated the following wrong facts:

It must have been a complete figment of my imagination then, that my genuine Apple battery swelled up in my SE.

Some do, some do not - some people are happy with what they have do no throw their money away buying the latest new, got to have device every year.

You live in your own little world, where you make facts up. Of course a swelling battery can wreck a phone - a swelling original battery almost wrecked my present SE.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

was used on my old iPhone and SWMBO's current one

Reply to
charles

See sig.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Manufacturer's are meeting the prefence of most consumers for maximum battery charge. Charging to 100% doesn't "damage" battery life but contributes to what is considered an acceptable level of wear in which the battery is replaced after 4 years or so.

The other big variable is the depth of discharge before recharging and here manufacturer's can choose more freely. A completely flat lithium ion might never work again so a safe point of charge is chosen and displayed to the consumer as 0%.

Check the site of the two links I gave as I'm sure it discusses battery design objectives of device manufacturers.

Reply to
Pamela

I do find myself vaguely intrigued by how apps get to call for the extra security. Presumably there is an API call "verify phone lock" or somesuch ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

So if its apple, its flawless eh?

Dork.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've no idea, but if you "own" the operating system you own any security, too.

Jeff Layman

Easy to tell if it's an audio problem. But lots of the problems come on the RF side.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

As I said before, get yourself a decent phone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You have never experience a poor quality call on your mobile, then?

I dunno your DECT model, but I have several assorted here. And very rare to have problems with a land line to landline call. Unlike mobile...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sounds like the internal charger circuit was faulty. Given the millions made some will fail.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Then I'd guess all the phones etc I've had for years have this built in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Just noticed it is Wodney I'm replying to. Who knows less about the UK phone system than I do about the Oz one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News