stupid smatpnones

It happens that John formulated :

The batteries are prone to swelling, due to over-charging, if left too long on charge. Doing such also reduces their useful working life, despite the intelligent charge limit. The swelling can damage the phone and has potential to short the battery, shorted batteries have the potential to explode and/or catch fire.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I had to stop watching Rab C Nesbitt because my partner didn't understand a word and it lost its humour if I had to keep translating. Subtitles would have been a boon.

Reply to
nightjar

Dave Plowman (News) expressed precisely :

As do I, but mine lasts a little longer than a day. I have had them a similar time, but I do notice a little drop in capacity. I have a source of much higher capacity batteries, to replace them with when needed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

John formulated the question :

In your flawed opinion.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

John presented the following explanation :

Not necessarily - the mobile companies cut the data rate for voice calls down to a minimum, so as to increase call capacities to their masts. They do similar on landlines, but not to nearly the same extent.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

John used his keyboard to write :

Exactly, you are the totally clue-less one. The intelligent charging method goes completely over your head. The way it works is by remembering how you use your phone versus the time of day, otherwise known as a regular routine. My phone use is not based on any detectable routine, so for me at least, smart charging cannot work dipstick.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

effectivly I do only have just a stupid phone

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

Nope, not with genuine apple batteries in iphones.

The reality is that most replace their iphone before that.

Nope, not with genuine apple batteries in iphones.

Nope, not with genuine apple batteries in iphones.

Nope, not with genuine apple batteries in iphones.

Reply to
John

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

Nope. Hardly anyone who charges their iphone overnight gets a swollen battery. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Reply to
John

Indeed. Dan Dare had a wrist communicator back in the '50's!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

How odd that I get a better result with an iphone 6S than a Panasonic KX-TCD735ALM on the landline.

Reply to
John

Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

We'll see...

Yes.

That's bullshit. You put your iphone on the charger whenever you aren't using it.

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
John

I have some old batteries that have never been used, that are swollen

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Voice is nothing compared to data. Landlines, whilst possible noisy, still get (within the UK) full 64kbps data rates.

Nor sure, but I think mobile phones use what data rate is available

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use what I like best ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Irrelevant to what happens to many with an iphone charged overnight.

Reply to
John

DND is quite versatile. You can schedule it. You can also give it a priority of exceptions, so that some callers/messages always get through. Mine (I am aware that every Android phone is unique :) ) also has a feature where if the same number tries calling inside 5 minutes, it will let it through.

We don't have a landline.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And yet, Windows Mobile was light years ahead of any incarnation of Android since. I liked it.

What did for WM was that v7 wasn't compatible with v6 and v7.5 wasn't compatible with v7 etc until v8.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

My NHS app needs my fingerprint to work (like my banking app).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Was chatting recently about how incredibly badly futurists of the 70s and

80s got it in some respects. No we don't have hover boots or jet packs. We aren't commuting to the moon. And yet I can't recall a single program that came close to modern smartphones and the infrastructure that supports them. Let alone the idea that every citizen would be able to possess one.
Reply to
Jethro_uk