Snooping TV.

On 13/03/2017 15:08, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Nobody cares about micing a stage, we are discussing spying. Its you that wants to claim stage production is the same as spying to justify your claims that its too expensive and can't be done with the cheap mics in a TV.

They are mounted at the top of the screen on my laptop and on macbooks IIRC. The speakers are at the bottom on mine but I don't know where they are on the macbook. Te positioning is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Just because you don't know how it works doesn't mean it doesn't work! Get a life and argue about something you know about. I'm sure someone here cares about how you would mic up a stage to get maximum sound quality so they can compress the hell out of it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You are the one who brought up arrays of cheap microphones as the answer to everything. I have more sense.
--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 13/03/2017 19:24, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You are the one trying to side track spying into production for some reason known to you. BTW which bit of a sound field mic is expensive?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You don't buy bits of a sound field mic.
--
*A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 14/03/2017 10:57, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

So what are you going to claim now?
That because there is only one place you can buy a product its expensive to make?
Do you not think that your insistence on talking about niche products is actually irrelevant?
If I was making a mic array I would certainly be buying bits. What i charged for the system would depend on how much mugs would pay for it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't claim anything, dennis. Just correct your illusions.

Making things in limited quantities always makes them more expensive.

You are the one who started this 'what if' nonsense.

The one thing you've got right is only mugs would buy such a thing from you.
--
*If your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 14/03/2017 12:28, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

So why do you keep making stuff up about how its impossible to do stuff so I have to show that it is?

And that is the only reason why you think spys can't do the things I said.

You keep saying the stuff is impossible, I have to correct you. Then you try and BS about it being impossible for a different reason.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

But you don't - that's the point.
All you've said is such and such is practicable, but is banned by the unions. ;-)
--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 14/03/2017 14:38, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You have said array mics work, I have posted links to where you can buy laser mics others have said how you can hack TVs what exactly are you claiming I have said that's impossible now?

You're the only one to mention bans by unions.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sigh. Thanks for confirming you can't even remember what you posted. Here's a reminder:-
Subject: Re: Snooping TV. Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 12:50 Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y

Do you think the unions would allow half the crew to be sacked?
--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15/03/2017 00:33, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Well do you?
Anyway I am going to ignore the rest of your none contributions. I no longer think you have a clue and think you are trolling.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No. The entertainment craft unions normally grab new technology and sort out a deal afterwards.

You've been learning from Trump. Deny what you've been shown to have said, then try and cover it up by changing the subject.
And rather typical - full of 'it would be so easy to do' type of thing without ever having attempted it. So sad on what is meant to be a DIY group.
--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15/03/2017 10:48, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And if they are like you and can't work out how to use the technology?

Its you that has made lots of claims that its impossible and then just tried to divert the thread when someone posts saying it has been done. Not once have you said "sorry I was wrong you can do that".

Quite the opposite of what I actually said! I said the technicians wouldn't be able to do it but if you want to read that as easy then that's your problem.
However I didn't claim it was impossible for someone clever to do it only that the unions wouldn't be very happy with sacking their members and letting someone else do the job.
Its all very well the members embracing technology but they don't do it when they don't understand it as you have demonstrated. They certainly don't want people that do know how to do it taking their jobs.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Have you *ever* worked in anything which could even remotely be called industry?
--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15/03/2017 14:53, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have you ever worked where they design and make technology?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You think they design and make technology in the average theatre?
If something like you've described - a method of using fixed mics mounted some way off to cover a stage performance for that audience - came along, it would first be demonstrated to interested parties. If it looked promising it would go on to trials in the field. If those were successful it would then be introduced.
Only an idiot like you would expect anyone to buy something untried and untested because you *just know* it will work.
--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15/03/2017 15:39, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I think you are just arguing for nothing so I will be blunt.. the sound technicians wouldn't have a clue how to set it up and use it and there is no need to reinvent the wheel as nobody is spying on stage productions. Mics fitted to performers have other uses too, its harder to mime when they don't have a mic to hide their lips.
You do recall this is about spying and not stage performances?
Its already proven that the array mic technology works, why it is used for some stuff and not others is nothing to do with spying.
Just accept that if the CIA/GCHQ wanted to hack your smart TV they could and with your knowledge you wouldn't know.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I merely mentioned it as a way for you to make your fortune. Since you believe it feasible. I can absolutely assure you if you could make it work there'd be a queue at your door.

I'm sure that makes sense to you. Perhaps you'd try again in English?

Then why did you say the technique would work perfectly there?
--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Plowman wrote:

ISTR it was you that asked if the reported snooping stuff with TVs was feasible, several here gave answers that yes, given deep pockets it could be done, because TVs are mainly linux boxes in disguise now.
You seem to have wanted to hear that is wasn't feasible at at all, and must all be a scare story, and have argued the toss over every point that people have said can be done to some extent or other ...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Many things are feasible on paper.
However, what most have been saying on here seems to have gone much further than what has been reported as happening.

I'd want to see a decent example given. A transcript of something recorded in this way would do. After all, if it has worked, it must have resulted in stopping some heinous crime or other?
--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.