Running 2 TV sets off one satellite receiver box?

Hello,

I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building my wife a hobby room and I want to run a forth TV set in there for her... I am trying to figure how to run a splitter from one receiver to a second TV set... I don't care if we have to run half ways across the house to change channels on the other TV set...I just want channels on this TV set without having to go purchase another freaking box... Certainly is not as easy as cable... anybody done this? Thanks... Jim

Reply to
Jim

system. I have three TV

I've never did it, but I would think all you need is a splitter between the box and TV, then to the other TV. But both TV's will be on the same channel as the box is set to. Have you tried that?

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

That's what I did with my Dish Network setup. I had a small TV in the bedroom. Setting the second TV remote to run the receiver let me run the receiver from both places. Oh, almost forgot. I needed a remote control extender to run the receiver from the other room. Bunches of them for sale on Ebay.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Interesting about the "remote extender". I had never heard of that, and will have to look into it. I also have DN, with one receiver and plan on doing the same thing. A few years ago my, uncle was recovering from back surgery and he hooked the bedroom TV to the living room receiver and rigged a mirror up so that he could aim the remote at the mirror and it would hit the receiver. If someone can give more details on the remote extender I would be very grateful. I am alone most of the time, so there is no need to have TV's on different stations at the same time. Thanks Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Thank-you group...I apologize but did not really understand what I had running around in my crawl space....used a splitetr where I figured it woiuld go and I got a TV signal in the room of question....Thanks group....my apologies and please disregard... alll the best... Jim

Reply to
Jim

The unit I bought was made by RCA. There is a transmitter and receiver. The transmitter changes the infrared signal from the remote control to a radio signal that can travel through walls. The receiving part changes the radio signal back to infrared that the satellite receiver will read. Some samples here at Amazon:

Dean Hoffman

If their receivers work like the dual-receiver Dish box I have, split away to your heart's content. I have 1 TV on receiver one, and (lemme count) 5 TVs + a couple VCRs on receiver 2, including the junk TV in the basement that hasn't been fired up in over a year, that I plugged in to test while I was fussing with the splitter connections. I bought several extra RF remotes off ebay to minimize running around. I really need to label them- if I absent-mindedly carry one between rooms, it won't operate the different-brand TV in the wrong room. These are RF connections over coax. Does the ATT box provide that, or is it component-only connections?

-- aem, not really a tv addict, sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

infrared remotes. *Some* of the remote extenders won't work with those remotes. I'm not sure if satellite receivers have those odd frequencies or not. I just thought I would mention this in case you get a cheap extender from ebay and have problems. In my case, everything worked through the remote extender except the Scientific Atlanta cable box. (It would actually work, too, if I stood within a few feet of the extender). I ended up buying a high end extender from an audiophile store... expensive, but it always works.

Reply to
greenpjs