TV not receiving Channel 2

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.
This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even register. All other channels are fine.
First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.
I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. Same problem with Toshiba. Other TV picked up 2.1 and 2.2. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems
Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?
On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:53:44 -0800, "Newgene McMensa"

Are you getting any other VHF channels? (2-13) Any low VHF (2-7)? Sounds like a tuner problem.
[snip]

The gap (in channel frequencies) is between 6 and 7. VHF low = 2-6, VHF high = 7-13.
With ATSC the physical broadcast channel can be different from the displayed channel number. What channel does 2 actually use there?
BTW, the commercial FM band is just above 6. I used to live in a city that had a channel 6 (before they became digital) and could get channel 6 sound on an FM radio (low end of the dial).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
Mon, 06 Feb 2017 04:53:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

By swap do you mean you swapped the tv sets around? If that's what you did, did the known working tv pickup the missing channels on the cable wire the non working properly tv was just connected to?
If it did, you likely have an issue with the tuner itself inside the tv. This might possibly actually be a known firmware issue and a fix might be available for it. You may want to check with Toshiba's website concerning your particular model TV concerning that.
--
Sarcasm, because beating the living shit out of deserving people is
illegal.
On 02/06/2017 6:29 AM, Diesel wrote: ...

+1
As I read OP's posting he didn't swap the TVs themselves but the lines feeding each and the symptom stayed with the set; didn't follow the line. Hence, that does seem to eliminate the input signal from the candidate pool of issues.
"It's broke!" :) If there's firmware patch or other more drastic reset that can fix it, I've no klew or even guess...

18:56:00 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

That was also the impression I got, but, I've been wrong before when making assumptions so, I asked for clarification. [g]

Sadly, if it's not a firmware fix, it's new board time if he really likes the tv.
--
Sarcasm, because beating the living shit out of deserving people is
illegal.
I too lost 2. Then the history channel. I then lost the weather channel and called my provider sectv. I needed their hd box for 3 bucks a month. Maybe??

Since this guy was talking about 2.1 and 2.2 it sounds like he is using an antenna.
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 4:08:09 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Im just talkin to talk. My first symptom was "i lost #2".