TV not receiving Channel 2

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. Same problem with Toshiba. Other TV picked up

2.1 and 2.2. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

Are you getting any other VHF channels? (2-13) Any low VHF (2-7)? Sounds like a tuner problem.

Reply to
gfretwell

Start by calling the TV station to see if they changed frequencies, antenna locarion, or their power output.

Also make sure your anrenna did not rotate from winds or break from some other weather conditions.

Swap that tv with the coax on the tv that DOES get that channel 2. (Bad coax?)

Reply to
oooooo

By swap do you mean you swapped the tv sets around? If that's what you did, did the known working tv pickup the missing channels on the cable wire the non working properly tv was just connected to?

If it did, you likely have an issue with the tuner itself inside the tv. This might possibly actually be a known firmware issue and a fix might be available for it. You may want to check with Toshiba's website concerning your particular model TV concerning that.

Reply to
Diesel

On 02/06/2017 6:29 AM, Diesel wrote: ...

+1

As I read OP's posting he didn't swap the TVs themselves but the lines feeding each and the symptom stayed with the set; didn't follow the line. Hence, that does seem to eliminate the input signal from the candidate pool of issues.

"It's broke!" :) If there's firmware patch or other more drastic reset that can fix it, I've no klew or even guess...

Reply to
dpb
[snip]

The gap (in channel frequencies) is between 6 and 7. VHF low = 2-6, VHF high = 7-13.

With ATSC the physical broadcast channel can be different from the displayed channel number. What channel does 2 actually use there?

BTW, the commercial FM band is just above 6. I used to live in a city that had a channel 6 (before they became digital) and could get channel

6 sound on an FM radio (low end of the dial).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

That was also the impression I got, but, I've been wrong before when making assumptions so, I asked for clarification. [g]

Sadly, if it's not a firmware fix, it's new board time if he really likes the tv.

Reply to
Diesel

I too lost 2. Then the history channel. I then lost the weather channel and called my provider sectv. I needed their hd box for 3 bucks a month. Maybe??

Reply to
Thomas

Since this guy was talking about 2.1 and 2.2 it sounds like he is using an antenna.

Reply to
gfretwell

Im just talkin to talk. My first symptom was "i lost #2".

Reply to
Thomas