Screwfix online ordering problems?

Anyone had problems purchasing through Screwfix online recently?

Tried to place an order several times this week, but each time, payment is rejected. Tried with my bank card and via Paypal, to no avail. Have used both card and Paypal successfully elsewhere.

Just me?

Reply to
Graeme

Not just you. I finally gave up and phoned in the order - and my payment was accepted.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Bought something yesterday. No problem.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Same here, for a long time. Fortunately I now have an SF about 4 miles away, so I just check stock online then go to the store and buy it. PITA sometimes though.

Reply to
Davidm

+1
Reply to
The Other John

I've placed several pay-and-collect orders over the last week, always using PayPal, with no problems at all.

Reply to
Bert Coules

For me I prefer to drive past Screwfix to Toolsatan which is another few miles. I always get the impression visiting my local Screwfix that it only exists to give the employees a job and sod the customer. Last time they took my money quickly but the goods from the back warehouse were not forthcoming - all the warehouse staff were on a break.

With Toolsatan the same person that takes the order/money also picks the goods.

Reply to
alan_m

I have never encountered such a problem and I prefer not to drive unnecessary miles.

Reply to
Scott

Sounds like a c*ck up in the link they use to me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Davidm writes

Thanks Guys. Apparently not just me - some seem to have no problems, others the same problem I experienced. Nearest store is 40+ miles away, so I'll have to resort to telephone order.

Nothing major - a Titan reciprocating saw, on special offer. Useful for attacking old pallets and similar for firewood, as we discussed recently.

Reply to
Graeme

In message , Graeme writes

Tried to place order again today, without luck, so resorted to telephone order. The bat who answered was able to pick up the online order, but made it clear the payment problem must be my end, not theirs. Hmm.

Reply to
Graeme