German style toilets?

I am fed up with the UK type toilet and would much prefer the German style one. Does anyone have any idea where I could buy one for my plumber to install? I have various health problems which necessitate checking my 'leavings' which is impossible with the UK type loo. Also my grandson recently managed to infect me with threadworms. The chemists said "so are there worms in your stools?" to which I replied, "how the hell should I know. It drops and disappears under the water. Should I plunge my hand into the water to retrieve it?" Personally I think the German style is a must for people with children and those who are proactive about our health. Perhaps the UK's poor cure rates for things like bowel cancer comes because we cannot check our stools, meaning that by the time pain is noticed, the disease has progressed too far to cure. I check the poo of all of my animals in order to ensure they are parasite free and have no blood or anything in it, so why do humans not do the same?

Reply to
fenwoman

Because we have a thing about shit - we prefer to leave it out of sight.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Because it stinks. It's why the Water Closet was invented ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

fenwoman spake thus:

Ah, you want one with a "continental shelf".

Can't help you with your question, but a while back there was a funny true story (in FHM ISTR) about a guy in Germany, went to one of the public toilets there that had an attendant. He did his business but despite pulling the chain several times the flush didn't work and his deposit was left proudly on display. Rather than disgust the next user he called the attendant over. Not being able to speak German, he pointed to the offending excrement and pulled the chain to show that it didn't work. Except, of course, it did.

Reply to
Scion

Not a clue, sorry. I've been looking for one for a couple of years, as a f= riend wants one installed. No luck so far. Several "bathroom stores" have g= iven various lies along the lines of "they're illegal", "they won't fit the= pipes" and (best of all) "you can't have one of those because of EU rules"= .=20

I know one person who had one installed. They bought it whilst visiting fam= ily in Germany and drove it back. Maybe you can find a reasonable price for= pallet shipping? That's quite a sensible business these days.

In other toilet-related shopping, I'd like to get a Japanese cistern for my= outside toilet, one of those with a washbasin built in. Any ideas?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Having spent over three years in Germany and got used to the their toilets. The big problem is that due to the stools not going under the water, it creates a terrible smell which lingers. It is almost enough to put me off drinking for the duration. The part I do like is the separation of the bathroom and the toilet into two separate rooms Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

Amazon.de ?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Andy Dingley wrote: .

Get a Japanese toilet to go with it. One of those with the robot rectum scrubber.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do Japanese robots have rectums?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

You are Gillian McKeith AICMFP.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

If it's that important, use a bucket or tray, then dump the contents into the WC.

The bucket will need cleaning, but that is no different to a children's potty.

Reply to
BartC

The Flachsp=FCler. Apparently they are less popular in Germany than formerl= y, but are available in some DIY stores there. Still popular in Austria, ap= parently. =20

Search for that word on E-Bay, selecting the European Union location option= and see if anyone will deliver to the UK. Your chances of getting one with= out Postman Pat or the courier pulverising it are slim, IMHO. =20

They shocked many young cold war warriors on their first trip abroad; that = and streets with NO litter. They were mentioned in a thread on Arrse, appro= priately enough.

Reply to
Onetap

Don't know whether it still does but Wickes basic bathroom suite used to contain a toilet with a German-style shelf. I think it was available separately too.

Also Aldi's weekly offers have included toilets - might they be German-style?

Reply to
mike

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:28:33 AM UTC+1, fenwoman wrote: Also my

I was warned about those while doing plumbing for an education authority. H= orrible bloody things, the worst arse itch you can get. Apparently 25 to 35= % of primary school children are infected and the eggs are minute and easil= y ingested. A large percentage of the population is infected but live in ig= norance because we don't like to discuss such things. You can scrub your ha= nds and still pick them up from the tap or door handle on the way out, or f= rom something that's been handled by someone who didn't wash theirs.=20

I've been told angelica will clear them, but have never had cause to try i= t.

Reply to
Onetap

Well don't eat the children then!

Reply to
dennis

Roberts wrote on Aug 8, 2012:

In France they often do this, but unfortunately they often neglect to include any kind of washing facility in the separate loo. To me this negates the advantage of separating them in the first place. If you use the loo while someone else is in the bathroom, you still have to wait outside, trying not to touch anything until you can get in to wash your hands.

Reply to
Mike Lane

you more. Good hygiene is the crucial thing not the style of WC you have.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

We have ordered taps from German online suppliers a few times. Many of them= will ship things to the UK, so I would just order one from there.

This place will ship toilets, although postage is about =8060:

phrase in their English translation seems to be 'washout' rather than '= washdown'. They list them as for shipping to Germany only, but it seems to = allow you to buy them, so I think that is just to protect the unwary! If th= ere are any problems, I've always found the sales people very helpful on th= e phone, with perfect English.

German shops often like payment by bank transfer, but most will take Paypal= transfers, which simplifies things.

andrew

In article , BartC writes

Make a game of it and attempt to park a coil on a cone in a Mr Whippy stylee!

Contrary to some other assertions I challenge anyone not to be aware that they have a threadworm infection (paracitism?), it involves some absolutely unignorable symptoms and any children in the family would be wriggling like nobody's business from second one. Buying multiple family packs of and dosing every 8 hours prevents reoccurrence at least from the in-house source.

(Such an amusing thread that I had to suspend my rule of not replying to posts originating from that worthless leech of usenet that is diybanter)

Reply to
fred

But she said that she has various health issues that necessitate inspection of her 'leavings'. The "grandson infecting with threadworm" was just an added bit of info.

Reply to
Dave