Shwer with fixed head and external pipework

Trying to sort out a shower for the wet room downstairs. Requitements are:

(1) All pipework to be external - don't want to bury anything in the wall. (2) Fixed riser with fixed downward facing shower head. (3) Diverter for handset which fits on to the riser rail and slides up and down, with flexible hose. (4) Thermostatic bar mixer - modern design like Triton Unichrome Dove

However there seems to be a conflict between (1) and (2) - all the fixed riser setups I can see are integral with the bar mixer so if I move the bar mixer our from the wall onto external pipe couplings instead of concealed pipe couplings the other fixings for the rail are left hanging in the breeze.

What I think I need is an adapter to fit between the bar mixer and the riser rail to allow the mixer to move away from the wall but the riser rail to stay on the wall.

Or a riser rail which comes with a flexible coupling between itself and the bar mixer.

Or spacers to fit behind the brackets for the riser rail.

Has anyone successfully put together this kind of setup?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Asked Mira technical services but they don't have a solution.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Presumably you need to move the mixer bar from the wall as that is only available in rear entry rather than bottom?

I'd be surprised if the riser didn't join the mixer bar with anything other than standard 1/2" BSP. Just make up something with chrome elbows/pipe?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

last week(or was it two/three?) lidl had an add on shower kit that would probably do half the job.

It was a shower riser that had an overhead soaker at the top and a second hose mounted shower head on the riser bar with a valve to control the two. The feed was from a shower hose at the bottom so it could fit to any old bar mixer to do the other half of the job.

I have no idea if there are any left.

Reply to
dennis

Catterick branch do I was looking at them not one hour ago, would have bought one if we were not on the move, £29.99 I think.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike