German style toilets?

"They don't like it up 'em", said corporal Jones.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It can however give visual clues to the posibility of bowel cancer or other conditions.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Quite common in the UK at one time. Often get knocked into one room.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You mean the British now have to go to France to find decent plumbing?

The country really has gone to the dogs...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I presume Bristol's SlugBot must do....

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Puts you right off having a tub of icecream at the cinema too

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Especially the chocolate strawberry ripple.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yep; I can't answer for most other men, but from what I've seen, British and Irish men are generally filthy, dirty bastards for that kind of unthinking, careless, behaviour. Total pigs, most of them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Tarmac? That would be around at Wod's richer siblings, the ones with the decorated caravan.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Now look, I take a bath at least once a year whether I need it or not.

Reply to
brass monkey

Tim+ spake thus:

If Gilbert and George can do it...

Reply to
Scion

Our place has bath/toilet in one room and the sink in an adjacent room. It might be because it was originally a farmhouse, and it was useful to grant employee access to the sink area even when the toilet was in use - although looking in the basement there's also evidence that the house was doubled in size during the 1940s, and half of it is actually a much older structure, so it's perhaps just an evolutionary thing.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Are you sure that you haven't been pissing in the bath and washing your hands in the bog?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

They're practising art, not medicine!

Reply to
Adam Funk

I could not be arsed to read all the posts. But having lived in Germany for a number (tempted to add 2 here) years I was a convert. What I like is there is no splash back, which is an inconvenience. The only solution in this country is to line the pan first with paper. Thanks goodness it is recycled these days!

Reply to
Moonraker

friend wants one installed. No luck so far. Several "bathroom stores" have= given various lies along the lines of "they're illegal", "they won't fit t= he pipes" and (best of all) "you can't have one of those because of EU rule= s".=20

amily in Germany and drove it back. Maybe you can find a reasonable price f= or pallet shipping? That's quite a sensible business these days.

my outside toilet, one of those with a washbasin built in. Any ideas?

There is this one, but it's not cheap.=20

must be a less expensive DIY solution.

andrew

Not really: just make sure you wash the shovel thoroughly first and ask for strawberry or vanilla rather than chocolate.

of EU rules".

See my previous reply. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Reply to
<me9

From what little I've seen of Germany, they do like a high-fat high-red-meat diet, so it's no wonder their poo smells. At the period I visited I was on a no-red-meat diet, and being taken to a restaurant was a bit fraught.

A diet high in chicken and fish instead doesn't smell very much at all; you can leave a bathroom and no-one knows you've had a poo.

Providing you've stayed off the beer, of course

Trust me on this.

Terry Fields

Reply to
Terry Fields