NatWest DD's between accounts delays

I have had a DD from a NatWest account, from one NW account to another NW account (both mine), set up for nearly a year and the payment always quickly appeared into the receiving account, that is until this past Christmas.

Then its appearance in the receiving account suddenly started to be delayed. Payment made on the Monday, not fully credited and available to spend until the following Friday. Anyone else noticed this?

At first I thought the delay might have been due to the Christmas / New Year, but it has continued.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is this in the right group? I guess it probably means they have the use of your money for a while. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It happens that Brian Gaff formulated :

OT maybe, but the group usually has a good response, whereas others don't.

Them having unfair use of my money, is my concern.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry, I use the Natwest app on my ipad and the web interface. Transfers between accounts appear to be instant.

Reply to
GB

Complain to them. I have standing orders which move funds between Barclays and Nationwide accounts bi-directionally and the funds all arrive on the same day as paid out.

Reply to
Richard

on 21/01/2017, Richard supposed :

Thanks both, I will complain.

Those payments are going in Monday, showing on the Friday. A regular DD payment from a different bank, is showing on the Saturday. I suppose that as it is a different bank, it will will take time to clear.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Should go via Faster Payments, unless it's a large amount, so a few hours, not DAYS! Complain.

Reply to
Davidm

When we were first married, my wife had this problem with a branch of Lloyds. Every month without fail her pay would be credited to the account several days late and she got lots of stroppy letters from her bank manager for being overdrawn despite nobody else she worked with having the same problem

- even those who also banked with Lloyds.

I converted my NatWest account into a joint account and her pay was always in the account on the due day after that.

We no longer bank with NatWest so can't comment on current practice.

Reply to
Terry Casey

I don't see what that's go to do with a "DD" as payroll would almost certainly have been by BACS direct credit.

But having now read the original OT post I also don't understand what the OP meant a "DD" either. Direct Debit requires either approval from a bank which an individual won't get for a few transactions a month or payments to an intermediary. Either way, totally unnecessary to move money between 2 NatWest accounts held by same person: that can be done by Standing Order (if fixed amount/day) or by using online banking when it's trivial and instantaneous.

Something doesn't add up.

Reply to
Robin

Robin submitted this idea :

OK, a longer explanation....

Both my partner and I have a standing order with our banks to pay £100 every Monday, into a joint NW account - this covers all the domestic bills etc.. Her £100 comes from her NW account, mine from my account with TSB.

For the 12 months since this was set up, up until Christmas, her payment always showed up in the joint account on the Monday, mine didn't appear until the Thursday or Friday.

During and since Christmas, her payment has been delayed by a similar amount of time to my own from the TSB.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well, this was over 40 years ago so it could have been carrier pigeon for all I know ...

Reply to
Terry Casey