NatWest card reader - more

My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax Mastercard credit card.
On 19/03/18 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/23/barclays_pinsentry/
https://supportcentre.natwest.com/Searchable/913239652/Can-I-use-someone-else-s-card-reader-even-one-from-another-bank-or-building-society.htm
On 19/03/2018 12:46, Richard wrote:

My card reader will not accept credit cards, only debit cards.
--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field
On 20/03/18 09:17, Brian Gaff wrote:

I don't know. Do you?
On 19/03/2018 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

A Barclaycard might work - if you happen to have one.
--
Michael Chare

On 3/19/2018 8:27 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Just a thought - will they work with any non-UK cards?

In general yes, I have a BNP Paribas one (Belgium) and that works fine with my Lloyds cards (and vice versa).
--
Chris Green
·

On 3/20/2018 4:48 AM, Chris Green wrote:

Interesting. I have a US card - I'll see if my RBofS reader accepts it.
On 20/03/2018 12:27, S Viemeister wrote:

The Barclays pinsentry accepts any card that complies with the apacs standard. Not all do.
Halifax is Lloyds. Brian
--
----- -