Lidl Parkside accessories - bank transfer only?

I've just got round to trying to order a replacement battery for my cordless circular saw.

I've bought one in the past, and AFICR other bits, but I think I used a credit card.

The Ts&Cs also say payment can be via bank transfer, PayPal or credit card.

However when I work my way through the shopping cart the only option is "Pay in Advance" followed by details of the bank account I need to transfer the money to. I've tried to do this with an account and also as a guest.

Has anyone else hit this?

Cheers

Dave R

P.S. oops! I'm running an ad blocker plus Ghostery. Back to try with the site white listed!

Reply to
David

Tried it with the site white listed and also tried using Firefox instead of chrome.

Site says Payment

"For orders placed via the accessory shop at

we accept payment in advance, via PayPal or credit card."

However it also says

" Order process

Once you have placed your order you will receive an order confirmation by e-mail. The order confirmation will contain a reference number that we use to process your order, an overview of all ordered goods, the individual prices of all ordered goods and the total amount for the delivery including shipping costs.

If you have selected the payment method "Payment in advance" please subsequently transfer the total amount, including shipping costs, in advance to the following bank account:

Beneficiary: Kompernass Handelsgesellschaft mbH IBAN: GB96COBA40620130453170 BIC (SWIFT-Code): COBAGB2XXXX Account number: 30453170 Bank sort code: 40-62-01 Commerzbank AG, London

It is absolutely necessary that you state the following in the reference box for your transfer:

the reference number from the order confirmation that we have sent to you by e-mail and the Buyer's name (as entered in the order form on our website)."

So I don't know if things have changed after the Brexit vote, if this is a temporary hitch, or what.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

In the sidebar it says 'your payment options - payment in advance'. It's a German site, where payment by bank transfer is more common than credit cards. At least it's a UK account in GBP not a German one in Euro... (which would be rather problematic for bank fees)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Yes - my main complaint was the Ts&Cs saying that you could use credit card or PayPal.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Wonder what has changed? I bought their 18v batteries in the same sort of way a couple of years ago, and it was straightforward.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did you buy from Germany or the UK distributor?

Reply to
Capitol

I bought using the details in the back of the manual AFAICR.

Also remembered it as straightforward.

Do you have an URL for the UK distributor?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Just to update this old thread.

Finally got round to trying this again and it went through without a hitch, with loads of payment options.

I wonder if their payment processor was down?

Battery on the way.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to