Screwfix much cheaper than Avenue Supplies

I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone know?

Reply to
david lang

Well, at least Screwfix are well known, which is more than can be said for Avenue Supplies...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Dunno - but at least SF seem to manage to sell their stuff without filching all our words of wisdom from uk.d-i-y!

Reply to
Set Square

You mean

? I just had a look at Avenue's tools and mostly they sell Blackspur - has anyone ever had a positive experience with these horrid nasty cheap crap tools?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yes, they are significantly cheaper. As are

's more, a bloke down the pub told me that his cousin found out that Avenue Supplies are into devil worship and goat sacrifice.

Reply to
Grunff

Well, that has just increased their sales from a certain sector of society!...

I bet all this thread, and the other one that started this subject, is a widening of the belief among the average 'web user' that Usenet is just full of computer nerds....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Blackspur tools are a pound in my local pound shop.

I woudln't regard them as the quality end of the market to be honest. In fact markets are usually where they're sold.

Owain

Reply to
Owain