Valor Homeflame fix

I have a Valor Homeflame gas fire (G.C. number 3281038) which won'

ignite any more from the push-down igniter button, but works OK if remove the front and use a match to light it.

I'm told it doesn't have a pilot assembly but may need a ne electrolyte or injector or a spark generator or an electrode or a cabl of some sort, or maybe all of these.

Are they easy to fix, and if so are there good instructions anywhere o how to do so. I've NEVER opened a gas fire up before so any help woul be much appreciated. Thanks

-- s99raj

Reply to
s99raj

So any flame failure device is working. Can you see a spark near the pilot light when you press and clunk the ignition button? If not see if you cab see one elsewhere, electricty is lazy and will use an easier path if there is one. Check all along the wire from the back of the igniter to the point where the spark should be.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have the same problem and have isolated it to the spark generator This is where you plug the battery in. The wires that attach to it ar spade type fitting and just pull off. It is held in position by tw self tappers. Part no is 0554949. It can be ordered from ;

manual and parts diagram can be viewed at :
luck jcmdive

-- jcmdiver

Reply to
jcmdiver