Replace Yale lock wothout a key

Hi I need to replace a Yale lock in my patio doors but I do not have the key.

The dorr is currently locked.

I have reoved the lock surrounds in the hope there would be a lock number which would enable me to order anew key but I can't see a number .

Is it possable to get a new key without having the old one?

How do I replace the lock without having the original key?????

Cheers

Reply to
kinrsole

Do you mean a Euro?

With the standard night latch Yale you can still open the door from the inside and remove the lock. Then just buy a new barrel and keys.

But I'd guess it's a Euro on patio doors if they're the PVC sliding type.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep I think it is euro

Am I going to have to drill it out?

Reply to
KinRsole

Bob Eager

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd first spend a fair bit of time trying to pick it as unless you drill it correctly,you might create a lot more mess/expense for yourself.

tarquinlinbin

Picking a lock is nothing like as easy as the films would have you believe. I know a few escapologists and picking locks is a last resort with them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd first ask a locksmith how much to open it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

are a good conversation piece, i.e. do you know what these are?

However I have drilled out a couple of yale locks when keys were lost... but not had to try any euro locks yet!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

You sure they sent the English type. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In future,allways get a key or two cut for entrance keys. Blimey! its only £1.50p for a key cut against something that is now going to cost £££'s.

;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I had to drill a Euro out a couple of years ago. Took about twenty minutes and a bit of swearing. Luckily it wasn't one of the sort with anti-drill devices!

Reply to
Guy King

Providing he has access to the inside of the door, it will take a locksmith about 5 seconds to remove a locked eurolock.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

...what exotic aquaintances. I think an escapolgist would carefully select his lock "here's one I prepared earlier" with more than half the levers missing.

john2

Reply to
john2

What, conversations like "I'm arresting you under section 25 of the theft act for going equipped to steal, cheat or burgle"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I really liked this, should make people remember you!

Steve

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

How is a euro less secure from the inside? Assuming it is a double cylinder.

Reply to
fred

Not 'exotic' if you have been a semi professional magician for the past 15 years. Most of my friends are ever so slightly weird and that's the way I like it!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wish I'd had some of those, instead of bent needles and so on.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You could always get a locksmith to come around in his "spare" time, i.e. non-emergency. Does it have any anti-drill features, I wonder?

Reply to
Chris Bacon