Re: B&Q self checkout machines

Stuart Noble wibbled on Saturday 07 November 2009 18:10

No... All that matters is: is there enough beer to make the barmaid fancy you!

;->

Reply to
Tim W

Went there today and they've only gone fixed the car park so you have to pay/spend enough. Damn.

Reply to
Rod

I have both the Hygiene and CRB sustifficates in order to run charitable events in the locality that I've lived in close to 30 years.

Within the next couple of weeks I shall be ensuring that (as I have for several years) Santa is available for the little folk. He must not have a child on his knee, He shall not be available for little folk without an elf outside the Grotto and must ensure that an adult is present in the Grotto with the child.

Last year on one occasion, Santa was let down by his Elf and I have to confess that for a very short period of time Santa was in the Grotto on his own with a small child. Santa was not happy. To be frank, he was concerned that one of the Elfin Group would be there to capitalise on the opportunity.Not that Santa had any inclination abuse the child.

A couple of years ago, a policeman brought his children to the Grotto and asked about me. I was happy to respond.

Reply to
Clot

That "Bad Santa" film always cheers me up at this time of year

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Yes, that's a pity. But the useful - though not totally reliable - red/green indicators above each parking bay worked throughout.

Reply to
Bruce

That could be both fun on the one hand and useful on the other.

Have you got a set for ...

"My granmother's postillion has been struck by lightening ?

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Derek Geldard wibbled on Sunday 08 November 2009 16:05

No, because I'm not Hungarian

;-)

Reply to
Tim W

Anyway, why does it matter if her postillion isn't as dark as it used to be :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

There's always going to be a "profit" element of charging for an ancillary service that could be provided for free, even if it only represents the salary of the man(men) who manages the charging process (who wouldn't otherwise have a job if there were no such charges)

tim

Reply to
tim....