Owlets

Couldn't find any by doing a search on the Screwfix site. Is there another name or brand for this type of thing?

I bought 10 in Jewsons today, at a cost of £7.26, I think they must have had Sotherbys in to value them!

mark

Reply to
mark

Obviously rarity value!

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Jewsons stock 'small or young owls'?

What the 'kinell is an owlet then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dunno, but put 'owlet' into google image search and enjoy the rather cute fluffy animals :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

eyelet???????????????

Reply to
nnk

oops I meant Owlett

mark

Reply to
mark

Is it these?

auctions

Is it these?

Spot on! Thank you.

mark

Reply to
mark

Do you mean some particular type of ironmongery product manufactured by Owlett Jaton? Metal fence post supports perhaps ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Owlett is the name for a fixing that secures wooden doorframes or windows to the brickwork. They are inserted as the wall is being raised, the main part sandwiched between brickwork courses. I now see that it is the name of the manufacturer that produces numerous items. However 'Owlett' in the building trade is normally understood to mean this particular fixing.

mark

Reply to
mark

Thanks, I'd never heard of them. It seems the phrase "Owlett patent screw tie" works better on search engines ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And getting cute fluffy animals from a google image search is a pleasant novelty as far as this group is concerned!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'd have called it a brick tie.