Screened satellite and tv sockets

Hello,

I see Toolstation sell some screened sockets, such as:

thought I would use these to minimise any loss or interference. Sorry if I am being thick, but what is the correct way to wire them? Obviously the central core is held by a grub screw under the metal box but what are you supposed to do with the screen? There is a terminal on the far side of the box; am I supposed to save a long length of screen and then twist it to form a cable and run it into there. The only alternative I can think of is to trap it under the metal "lid"? Or have I missed something?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

> I thought I would use these to minimise any loss or interference.

It sounds a bit crap to me. The best type of screened outlet simply has a 'f' barrel connector, and you use an 'f' plug at the back.

Bill Wright

> I thought I would use these to minimise any loss or interference.

It is hard to say without seeing what the back looks like! You need to find something that is connected to the outside of the barrel on the front.

The best advice though is to take it back and then follow Bills' advice. One advantage of just using an F-barrel is that it is easy to combine it with something else.

Reply to
Michael Chare