Splitting / moving TV satellite points

My wife wants to be able to move our TV to at least another 2 places in the living room.

At present we have 5* cables coming out of the floor that feed the TV / Satellite. I'd like to split these cables under the floor and run them to another 2 positions and maybe sink the cables into the wall, terminating with a faceplate something like this to keep it neat

she can move the TV about to her hearts contents ;o)

*The 5 cables are: 1 Satellite. 1 TV aerial. 1 Output from Satellite going to Dining room. 1 Cable from Splitter / Booster feeding rooms upstairs 1 Telephone cable for Satellite.

My question is, Is there some kind of box I can run the cables into under the floor that would allow me to split these cables with 3 outputs to give me 1 original, 2 new places for relocation of the TV?

Or am I going about this all the wrong way?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

It would be a lot easier if you can leave the satellite box etc in the current location and just extend one UHF cable to the TV locations.

Certainly splitting the satellite feed is undesirable.

If you link the dining room to the distribution amp supply and put the satellite feed into that, you will get the satellite channel on all the upstairs tellies too.

There's an article on domestic UHF distribution on Bill Wright's site at

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It kind of defeats the purpose not being able to move the satellite box etc as she wants to move the furniture round (as women do ;o) )

The upstairs already have satellite. There is 2 outputs from the satellite box. One goes to the dining room the other most go via the distribution amp before it goes to the TV. It is one big mess behind the TV with leads etc.

I'll have a look at that site. Thanks.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

It also means you are watching DSAT via PAL instead of RGB. Makes quite difference to the image quality.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice