Another satellite TV question

We would like to run a satellite receiver in a second room. Our LNB has four outlets and we are only using two. Is it as simple as just plugging another lead into the LNB?
Mike
MuddyMike wrote:

Yes, that should work. I have a quad LNB feeding three separate receivers (one with a dual input) in different locations.
Bert

Thanks Bert.
Another question, now that I have started messing with the wires behind the TV I would like to tidy it all up. At present we have 5 wires coming in through a hole in the wall all of which plug straight into the equipment. I have heard of Modular outlets that allow several different cable types to connect via 1 common faceplate. Is such a thing available to take 2 satellite cables, 1 aerial cable, 1 telephone cable and 1 computer network cable.
I found this http://www.screwfix.com/p/screened-quadplexed-module/73677 on screwfix which gets me part the way there but can't match it up with a telephone and network module that will fit in the same faceplate. Any guidance appreciated.
Mike

This has more options:
<http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page15b.htm
--
Chris French

Something appears to be wrong with the description. It says Quadplexed outlet which suggests one cable in and 4 different outputs. As it has two satellite outputs and as they cannot share the same cable the wall-plate probably uses two input cables.
These type of wall-plates assume that you have first combined the signals from, say, a TV aerial, a FM aerial, a DAB aerial and one satellite LNB output into a single cable, say in your loft and then brought this cable into the wall-plate where the signal are split apart. You don't have to use the FM/DAB facility at either end. This would not suite your 5 current cable arrangement.
Look towards the end of the page in the following link to see how some of these wall-plates work <http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/loftbox4.htm
Without network <http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Wall%20Outlets/Triax%20Screened%20Outlet s.aspx?productId=&Tab=0>
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk
On 01/08/2011 22:35, Alan wrote:

I had a similar situation, needing to put aerial in and out and twin satellite connections into an existing single gang box. I used one of these quadplexed faceplates and simply removed the gubbins and soldered the cables directly to the back of the connectors.
SteveW

Fit F plugs to all incoming cables Drill and fit F barrel connectors in the faceplate <http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/reference/resources/multiple-outlet-plates . pdf> <http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-F-F-Socket-Barrel-Connector-Joiner-Coupler -/270468166512?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3ef928b370> Only use F plug to F plug fly-leads using a decent satellite quality cable. <http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality.shtml Use F to Belling Lee Adapters where the input/output is a TV or radio. <http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/F_coax/ Available cheaply from Ebay sellers
Related <http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm <http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/reference/V37-103outlet.pdf
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk
On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 22:35:31 +0100, Alan wrote:

Talking about loftboxes and this one in particular. I got a little concerned when I saw this on their page:
"It handles modulated RF signals, not raw video. Modulated RF signals will give "average" picture quality which will usually be fine on a 14" portable TV and acceptable on a 21" ... The more signals you try to feed in to the Loft Box, the worse the picture quality is likely to be."
and it doesn't mention HD signals. On the basis that things which aren't specifically included won't work, can I conclude that these loftboxes will not handle HD signals? Or thatthey'll be massively degraded.
root wrote:

If/when your area has its DSO you'll receive the HDMUX (so long as you have a DVB-T2 TV/PVR) the loftbox won't know or care the difference from the SD muxes, however you can't modulate an HD signal and pass it up to the loftbox for distribution to the rest of the house, the TVs couldn't receive it, nothing to do with the loftbox.