PAT test and a H&S report

I've yet to see a Europlug with a fuse.

Reply to
Graham.

I'm pretty sure anything over two sockets falls under the regs as applied to fixed wiring spurs. ie. more than two sockets (two singles or one dual) has to be fused. Certainly the only unfused cable mounted sockets I've seen on sale in the shed etc have been singles or doubles.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

if they'd rather have appliances failed by you than fixed on the spot for £1 when needed I'd say they're being a tad short sighted. But that's thei r call. Its your call to understand that and sell it to them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's an awful lot easier to return with no questions asked if you just use an adapter.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Where do people get these ideas?

Reply to
Tim Watts

In fact I think I found the one I was thinking of, but its actually the requirement for the minimum annulus around a pin on a plug rather than area round the hole on a socket.

So I retract my comment - they do not fail to meet BS1363 for that reason...

Normally because the 84mm high form factor of a standard face plate puts the earth pin too near the centre for the plug to be able to "reach".

Reply to
John Rumm

Doesn't that rather depend on the wording of the warranty?

If I had altered a product and returned it under warranty, I might expect some questions, or even a refusal.

A warranty is not the same as returning goods under the SOGA.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Reply to
george

I'm sure teh SOGA doesn't permit a return if you've "modified" it.

Reply to
charles

because you've modified the product

Reply to
charles

Is the product a plug?

Reply to
ARW

On occasions yes, for most of the time it will form part of the product.

Reply to
Fredxxx

In message , charles writes

Depends why you are returning it.

Reply to
Chris French

Reply to
john james

I'd expect cutting a plug off under DSR (as was called) to invite a refusal to accept return.

Not a warranty.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Barely.

And how does this differ to an appliance installed ina kitchen, supplied with a plug but the location is equipped with an FCU flex outlet? You don't have a lot of choice and if it went to court, I would expect some common sense to prevail.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nope, its determined by the law, the wording of the warranty.

Not with the mains plug.

Still has relevant law that is applicable.

Reply to
john james

Legally you haven't as far as your legal rights to warranty are concerned.

Reply to
john james

Yes but DSR is just part of it, if you are returning a product because it say has developed a fault then I wouldn't expect it to make a difference (unless realted to the fault in some way)

Reply to
Chris French

If the fitteed plug isn't suitable for a 13A outlet, surely it shouldn't be supplied like that (unless it's a shaver). That's why I used an adaptor, but I wouldn't have done straight into the ring - it's in a fused strip.

Reply to
PeterC