OT: Web Hosting

OT but there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this group.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good Web hosting Co. preferably cheap. My present hosting company is closing and I need to transfer a couple of domains. TIA Iain

Reply to
Iain

TsoHost - pretty cheap and excellent support.

Reply to
Chris Green

When the term "cheap" comes into the equation I presume it's not a mission critical web-site upon which revenue is generated or one where you need 24 hour support to jump on things immediately should an issue occur?

As basic as their site looks I can wholly suggest

They host my e-commerce site and have done for perhaps 8 years now. On the extremely rare occasion there is an issue they respond to e-mails within minutes any time or day, they must run round the clock shifts.

The other one I use for non-essential stuff must be loving Top Gear... sorry, The Grand Tour?

:)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I use PixelSource.co.uk as host (?7.99) and UK-Cheapest.co.uk (?5.99) as domain registrar. However, worryingly, the PixelSource website says "a new website will be launched in late autumn 2016", and the company dissolved on

6 September, so it looks like I will be needing a new host myself.
Reply to
Dave W

register the domain anywhere you like e.g. 123-reg

Pick up hosting anywhere. Hosting companies are a dime a dozen. Or get yourself a virtual private server and start hacking apache files...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've been using them too, only for a short time, but good experience so far.

Reply to
Clive Page

+1 TSOHosts been using them for mail services for a few years. Support + CS very good.
Reply to
Robert

+1
Reply to
Mike Clarke

I've recently moved several low-maintenance (depends what you want I suppose) sites to

£5/yr for the domain and £20/yr for the hosting.
Reply to
Allan