OT: VE day warplanes

Shame. I'd be interested to see them.

I did have a quick look, but couldn't find anything useful. Lots of opinion but not much on numbers.

I havn't checked any others, but in 2003 there were 21 air fatalities,

3,500 road fatalities (but some of those include pedestrian, rather than solely vehicle occupants) and 50 rail fatalities.
Reply to
T N Nurse

Depends where you are. I have the documents owning all mineral rights below my land. not that I expect they are worth much unless I could get planning permission to open a quarry - not a hope :-)

Reply to
Mike

Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

He's like IMM, but green.

Reply to
Adrian

How about deaths per million people in transit.....

Reply to
Fat Sam

I think you just insulted IMM.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

It doesn't - Doug is a veggie and thinks that cattle must be mistreated because he is a veggie!

Reply to
Martin

White van man?

Reply to
Martin

I was under the distict impression that horses are vegetarians. When did they start eating meat?

Reply to
Brimstone

Not duhg! Is *he* still going? I'd hoped he'd have developed such limp wrists that he'd be unable to trype by now.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Yeah. I thought that on re-reading my own post after it was displayed.

I'm sure some of the sheep are lame because the horses give them a good kicking every now and then though.

Reply to
Mike

Veggie or Vegan ?

And as we don't eat horses are they mistreated. Seem to be standing right next to the cows doing exactly the same sort of thing to me.

Also I presume it's only male cattle that are mistreated. I presume he doesn't mind them doing what comes naturally and breeding.

Reply to
Mike

He's from Catford not a planet orbiting Vega

You can ride horses, you would not have a herd of pet cows!

Doug just doesn't understand farming - the welfare of the livestock is paramount

Reply to
Martin

Next door had a guard-bull for many years. Used to live in their garden.

Reply to
Mike

A woman round here used to ride around on a bull instead of a horse.

Reply to
John

Good God !!! That would be fun for the Postie. How big was the door flap ???

Reply to
Taz
[...]

Pretty much. I've seen examples which have "Non Driver" emblazoned across them.

They seem to get around this dichotomy:

ID cards are unconstitutional.

ID cards are mandatory for much of daily life.

Alistair J Murray

I think it's only *national* (i.e. federal) ID cards that are unconstitutional. Ones issued locally, or by a state are OK.

Merkins worry about their 'Drivers License' becoming (in effect) federally issued.

Reply to
IanAl

And since Shrubby signed the legislation into law recently, they *are* ID cards.

Reply to
Huge

snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote in news:d6t8fe$6t$ snipped-for-privacy@anubis.demon.co.uk:

And, according to a report in the Guardian the other day, Shrubby (I like that) wants them to be presented before using any airplane, train or bus or entering any government building.

Reply to
Rod

Correct.

I note that Montana is debating legislation specifically saying that Montana will not abide by the Federal legislation. Good on 'em!

Reply to
Huge