OT: VE day warplanes

I knew there was something I had missed from my sig when I started trying this newsreader :-)

Not that I have any idea why you inserted that phrase in the middle of my name, nor I suspect do most of the sensible posters on here.

Reply to
Alex Heney

About 10 minutes after they are introduced, I expect.

Fortunately, they are not society.

Although I agree they have been steadily eroding as many of the checks on their power as they can.

An exactly *how* does that make them into slaves (the other countries have had this legislation for year, BTW, the latest thing is just them getting rid of our opt out)

I don't know of any legislation passed by the EU which could reasonably be described as making the citizens of any EU state into "slaves".

Reply to
Alex Heney

Not half as dangerous if they were still carrying all the ordinance they used to during war time. I think 11/9 has affected you.

Reply to
Taz

The SVFR corridor shown on the big chart is a distance away. I supect the detailed charts will show the route your 'coptors are on. *If* they are flying a precision instrument approach (which is feasible given the proximity of two airports), then it would allow a closer safe margin to the hills. I'll dig out my other books for interest - it's not a part of the country I'm very familiar with.

Reply to
Cynic

Oh god, an emoticon, the last refuge of the stupid.

You're proud of your ignorance? No surprises there then. The quote was recognisable to anyone who reads something other than "The Beano".

Reply to
Steve Firth

"FAIR" trial is possible without a jury

Reply to
johnty

Parethneses failure. Sorry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

AND the planes are never as good as the ones the yanks build for themselves...do you WANT to ALWAYS be on the side of the yanks?

Frankly they are probably the greatest threat to world peace around right now...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very interesting. Thanks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

About ten months BEFORE they are introduced.

If I were working on their design, my god I'd leave some trojans in the computers, and take all the design notes home with me...

One could make a fortune.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No I don't. Maybe I have no brain though.

Reply to
Paul

Given that he is demanding that all must have a State mandated proof of identity, don't you find that a little, er, hypocritical?

I wouldn't know. Do you?

Reply to
Huge

Not at all. I was wondering what made him think that. I'm certainly not proud if anybody thinks me ignorant, although my experience is that most who do are pretty devoid of any apparent intelligence themselves.

If it were, then I would have recognised it. I didn't even realise it was a quote, and I read a lot more than most people.

Reply to
Alex Heney

don't you

So it would seem *you* are the one with no brain.

I have absolutely never demanded any such thing.

And if you think I have, please provide some evidence , or withdraw that ridiculous assertion.

Reply to
Alex Heney

No, I'm not.

You make me laugh.

Reply to
Steve Firth

By definition, you are.

I read things other than the Beano, and did not recognise it.

Incidentally, I do not believe that it is a well enough known quotation that many people would have recognised it, since neither google nor any of the quotation database sites come up with anything obvious for "I have no brain"

Any particular reason?

Reply to
Alex Heney

Thanks - it explains everything

Reply to
Tony Bryer
[...]

The absence of ID cards make it almost impossible. Allowing compulsory ID cards removes one defence against repression and so should be resisted by all who value freedom.

Alistair J Murray

cards.

regime

compulsory

Bollox, Spain has (in effect) compulsory ID cards and they have many more freedoms then we do in the UK, the fact that having those ID cards didn't stop the Madrid bombings is another matter altogether...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That's correct. ID cards will not stop terrorism.

The continental countries with a tradition of ID cards now invariably have a system of checks and balances that lessen the chances of abuse by the state. There was some discussion on here of the Italian introduction of ID cards and the consultation that took place with the Italian civil liberties organisations to put safeguards in place before introduction. A search may pull up references.

There are absolutely no safeguards envisaged for a UK ID card. They are currently in the same area as CCTV which is largely unregulated with no independent oversight of its use.

Reply to
AlanG