Ever have a day like this?

A day, when you know you have a thousand things to do, but just can't get motivated? A day, when you spend sorting screws, making neat piles of used sand- paper, sharpening screwdrivers, re-rolling balls of string...ANYTHING but what is supposed to be done today? Bombeck called this constructive procrastination.

I think the only energy I have today, is to go to pay for my fishing license, make a trip to bait store, and see what lurks in the waters of the St. Clair river.... 5 minutes from my house. (I'm up-river from Detroit, the fish are okay here.) . . . . . ...it would only be a couple of hours...

Reply to
Robatoy

|\ _______ | | \/ *_\ | | \_ J | /\_______/ |/

Reply to
RayV

Robatoy wrote in news:1180538872.943821.211930 @o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

You don't need MY permission.

I was considering hitting the driving range.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

They say "Time spent fishing is not subtracted from your lifespan". I wonder if that rationale includes trolling. (insert smiley face here) Tom

Reply to
tom

Just walked in, again, from sanding six drawers I built yesterday, started at around 6 this morning.

I too, am ready to go fishing, right after drinking this cup of fifth cup of coffee ... BUT the youngest just informed me (on the way back from filling up her tank to the tune of $47) of the course book requirements for summer school at U of H, and I just last week paid ($781.29) for tuition and parking.

Since Education has become a profit center, I think I'll just go back to work! :(

Reply to
Swingman

| (I'm up-river from Detroit, the fish are okay here.)

If the fish prefer Detroit to where you are, you might want want to re-think that. ;-)

Morris Dovey

Ahhhh yesss.. fishing...

Had I kept what I caught, it would have come out to $600.00 per pound...LOL I didn't bring a jeweller's loupe to try to figure out what it was...let's just say it stood vertically on the hook. I should have taken a picture...it has a macro setting.

I was listening to my XM radio (ear buds) whilst fishing..and it was on the blues channel (74 IIRC).. and old BB King tune came on with a great line it: "baby..you're built from the grouuuunnnd up!"

I'm easily amused these days..

I hear you loud and clear on the education costs. Angela is working on her NP ticket...

Reply to
Robatoy

As the fish swim down-river, they swim past DOW chemical en route to Detroit. By that time the mercury weighs them down so they can't make it back my way again..

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
HDRDTD

Wed, May 30, 2007, 8:27am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth queryeth: A day, when you spend sorting screws, making neat piles of used sand- paper, sharpening screwdrivers, re-rolling balls of string...ANYTHING but what is supposed to be done today? .

5 minutes from my house. (I'm up-river from Detroit,

No.

My mother wants me to move back to MI - about 40 miles west of Detroit. She thinks I should be thrilled at the prospect. I think I have done nothing so evil that I should deserve such severe punishment.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

, is to go to pay for my fishing > license, make a trip to bait store, and see what lurks in the waters > of the St. Clair river.... 5 minutes from my house. (I'm up-river from > Detroit, the fish are okay here.) > .

Been a while sence I've heard "St. Clair", was at Barksdale many many ('55-'57) years ago. Was a great place, too many people now. For me anyway.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

If you are below the Blue Water Bridge, across the river from the Port Huron Yacht Club, you would be part of that bunch of Canuck fisherman I would totally piss off, when I would spend at least an hour trying to get a 30 ft sailboat with a 10HP diesel, up river into Lake Huron.

Had to say within 10 ft of the Canadian shore line to take advantage of the back current created by the swirling waters under the bridge.

As a result, fishermen had to pull their lines.

Anything more and the boat would come to a complete stop.

Great reason to belong to the Sarnia Yacht Club, if you wanted to sail in L Huron.

Wood working content.

Had lots of wooden goodies I made for the boat on board.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yes, it has been called everyday the last 6 months.

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

I've had about 300 in a row now.

wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Many. I call them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I recognize that type of navigation. Friends brother-in-law had a 6 meter at PHYC.

Lived in Port Huron (or Port Urine) from 1940 till entered the Navy in

1961and still had family there until a couple of years ago. Now except for one remaining brother in St Clair Shores the family has migrated to TX, WV and AZ.

Ed

Reply to
pat_edfischer