OT: Eyesight

There might just be enough pixels for it to be SH13 ZTE.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bod reckons he can't read this numberplate. Grounds for removal of his license? ;-)

James Wilkinson Sword

it looks like SHIJZIE to me.

Reply to
Bod

I am not allowed to drive, never have been. I don't know what the picture shows but there can be many reasons for people not reading number plates. Illegal placement of characters, wrong font, correctable eyesight issues long or short sight and of course Nystigmous which can be really very bad news.

What brought this train of thought to this group? I think in DIY one has to be able to not drill or saw etc, through your or another persons body parts. This makes the American radio series 'Blind Handyman' just a little bit edgy? Having said that, I have successfully hung kitchen cupboard doors and repaired various mechanical devices just using tougch. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have broken many items just by touch - so good on you mate

Reply to
rick

It's a shit picture I couldn't make out the number plate.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Driving without the right glasses on is the most common cause.

Or in this case failure to focus or hold the camera steady compounded by JPEG compression artefacts from hell and overexposure.

Best guess is SH10ZTB but S/5, 1/I 0/O Z/2 B/8 are all ambiguous.

Reply to
Martin Brown

The letters are illegally spaced and seem to be different sizes. Crap fuzzy picture anyway.

Reply to
harry

I think the spacing is about right: SH13 [space] ZTE. The 3 and the Z look slightly larger and/or bolder than the other characters, which is the exact opposite of what you'd expect if the owner is trying to draw attention to SHITE.

Reply to
NY

I wouldn't be so crass as to suggest brian has any advantage, but there are times when you're laid on your back, struggling to reach behind something and trying to screw-in something you cannot see, where it seems to help to close your eyes so you're forced to imagine how it's aligned

Reply to
Andy Burns

SH is Glasgow, so what do you expect :-)

the format is post 2000 so the first digits will be 1/5

So SH1 is almost certainly where it starts. SH13 (early 2013, registered in Glasgow) is also more likely than not.

The last three letters can be anything, but I'll go with ZTE as being 'most likely'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you lot have trouble reading other people's writing too? I'm absolutely astonished at the lack of literacy in here. Total inability to recognise imperfectly formed characters.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Or 0, or 6.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I notice that the beginning or rather just after the beginning of this thread has now come through, and I think much of it is trollism, however. I think we all use touch but do nnot actually realise we do. When you need to get that nut on a screw in say, a car in a place you cannot see, it is often relatively easy to build up a visual image of the site merely by using fingers. I have no idea how this actually works, but it does happen even with people who can see perfectly, some are better at it than others obviously. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is plainly SHI3ZIE unless the i's are ones which I doubt.

Reply to
F Murtz

OOPS the second last letter is a T.

Reply to
F Murtz

I wonder how you lot read captcha codes when filling forms in on the internet?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Extract from...

"For example the letters ?I?, ?O?, ?I? and ?Z? are never seen on number plates because they look too similar to other letters or numbers."

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:44:58 -0000, RayL12 wrote:=

=80=98I=E2=80=99 and =E2=80=98Z=E2=80=99 are never seen on number

Except they are. My neighbour's plate used to begin SO. Or was it S0?

And if you're name's Barry, you might buy one of these containing a Z:

-- =

The dandelion swayed in the gentle breeze like an oscillating electric f= an set on medium.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The letter in my cars number plate are OUW

Reply to
charles